显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

MPC8306 Ethernet issue

887 次查看
willo_neill
Contributor I

Hello,

We are developing custom boards based on the MPC8306 and are having ethernet issues on some of the boards where communications seem to halt of their own accord. I'm debugging this in u-boot, and I'm noticing the driver will load a TXBD with data and set the ready bit, but the QUICC engine will never clear it or seemingly attempt to send it.  The hardware and firmware statistics will stay at 0.  I've tried switching to using a BRG clock (BRG2), and enabling loopback (DIAG=01 in GUMR) to discount issues in external circuitry, but I still have the same problem, it does work fine on most of the boards we've made though.

I've used the "graceful stop" command to check if the interface is running when its initialised, as it will hang waiting for GRA in UCCE to be set if its already stopped, which is what you'd expect.  On faulty units, if I wait for one second after initialising the interface and then send a graceful stop, it will hang, which makes me think something internal is causing the interface to stop.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, or know of any better way to find the status of the interface after starting it?

Thanks in advance,

Will.

标记 (3)
0 项奖励
3 回复数

709 次查看
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MPC8306 device does not have internal ROM for QE firmware and requires QE firmware to be uploaded to QE memory for proper QE operation.

According to behavior you describing, this step is not done or done incorrectly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励

709 次查看
willo_neill
Contributor I

Hello,

Like I mentioned, its only a problem on some units we have, and on those units communications are running initially, but quickly stop of their own accord. U-boot is loading firmware into the QUICC engine on boot.

Will.

0 项奖励

709 次查看
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the problem appears only on particular number of units, that this is a quality issue of these particular units.

Have you tried to check soldering by X-ray examination? Power supply quality? Temperature? MPC8306 device replacement by another known good device?

0 项奖励