Auto start linux application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto start linux application

garimella
Contributor I

I was successfully able to port kernel, rootfs to my board (mpc8309 -custom made) and run my application on target. Currently I am using tftp to fetch application from host to target. My questions are

1) How to store my application in target permanently without fetching from host every time?

2) How to execute this application at start up? ( I try editing /etc/init.d but it is found empty)

0 Kudos
2 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. To store your custom application in target flash, you have to add it to rootfs filesystem

2. Assuming you are using LTIB build system, please look the follwing entry in LTIB faq:

LTIB : LtibFaq 

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

garimella
Contributor I

Hi Alexander

The link provided by you is not very clear. On googling I found the following steps followed by other users

1. store the executable in /usr/bin directory

2. add script in init.d giving full path of application 

3. create symlink for the script and edit rc.local to add <symlink> &

4. execute ./ltib

I did not try the above method. please confirm if I could follow this procedure. alternatively please enlighten if simple procedure do exist in LTIB

0 Kudos