cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2020RDB-PCA Memory Increase from 1GiB to 2GiB

jcloherty
Contributor II

Hello,

I am having an issue after increasing the memory in a P2020RDB-PCA development kit. I am not an expert on this subject matter, but I know it is possible since my company has successfully done this on the same machines. Currently, when booting the system through U-Boot, the system hangs after the following line:

"1 GiB (DDR3, 64-bit, CL=6, ECC off)"

I have access to the CodeWarrior IDE and the CodeWarrior TAP, but I am unsure how to use them for this application. I assume that I need to find a way to make the system recognize the added memory since it isn't doing that automatically. The system is connected serially using PuTTy and the UART0 port. Thank you for your help!

Labels (1)
4 Replies

SebastianG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jcloherty,

In order to change or modify the DDR used in the RDB is not enough just changing the memory on hardware,

Also you need to change the configurations on the file ddr_init.c with the settings of your new DDR in your board.

Regards

0 Kudos

jcloherty
Contributor II

Hi @SebastianG ,

Do you know what specifically needs to be changed, and where to access that init file?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos

SebastianG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jcloherty,

Currently I am working on your issue,

Could you please tell me for which memory (DDR) are you change the previous DDR?

Regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

jcloherty
Contributor II

Hey @SebastianG ,

Thank you for your response. Below is some information about what RAM we used for the upgrade.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/micron-technology-inc/MT41K256M16HA-125-E/4251401

39640b2a-b328-4b5e-85d7-4a46c421839c.jpg

jcloherty_0-1721653643415.png

Thank you again for your help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos