cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P1022:unable to boot from spi flash

somyaaggarwal08
Contributor II

Hi Sir,

I am using p1022 demo board. I want to boot the board from spi flash.I have copied the u-boot-spi-P1022DS_36BIT_SPIFLASH-2014.07+fslgit-r0.bin in the corresponding spi flash partition for uboot

and changed the sw4 settings to 0x0110 as mentioned in the qoirq sdk guide for version 1.8.

However i could not see any trace after the board is reset.It would be really helpful if you could suggest something to resolve the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is not sufficient just to copy a u-Boot image to the board SPI
Flash. P1022 requires a special structure at the beginning of the
SPI boot memory, see P1022RM, Section 4.6.2.3. The SDK provides a
software tool, called boot_format, that prepares the SPI memory for
booting. Unpack and build the SDK package called "boot-format",
study README file in the source directory to see how to use it.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

somyaaggarwal08
Contributor II

Hi Platon

Thank you for sharing such useful information. I have built the spi image using boot_format. However still i could not see any trace on boot up. Furthermore After changing  the SW4 [5-8] = 0x0110 (por settings for spi flash boot up for p1022) and giving  processor target reset using lauterbach tool , i fail to reset the processor.

Also when SW4 settings are default, I am successfully able to give processor in target reset signal using lauterbach tool.

0 Kudos