Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to QoriQ Linux SDK virtual host environment

Jump to solution
PaulWalker
Contributor III

Hi,

I've downloaded the QoriQ Linux Virtual Host Environment (QorIQ DPAA SDK v1.4 PPCE5500 with Virtual Host Environment) from Freescale's website, and opened the enclosed VDI file with VirtualBox.

The Ubuntu start-up requires a login for user 'freescale' or some other user login. I've tried all the defaults I know of, but none work.

I cant seem to find any login details anywhere. I've looked for user and release notes for the Virtual Host Environment but had no success.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

I attached the VM_User_Manual. It is strange that in your downloadable package the manual is not available (maybe the zip was updated recently).

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sorry for delay.

Did you try to login with this credential:

user: freescale

pass: Freescale

or

user: root

pass: Freescale

This information are available in VM_User_Manual.pdf, file included in freescale_sdk_ubuntu10.04_32bit_PPCE5500_20130711.zip.

Adrian

PaulWalker
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the reply.

The zip file I downloaded contained only a single file: a VDI file. There was no other files in the zip.

I guessed the VDI file would work with VMWare, VirtualBox, etc. VirtualBox seemed to work, and booted to a Ubuntu login. That's as far as I could get.

Is the VM user manual seperately downloadable; I was looking for something like it?

Can I suggest including the VM manual PDF in the QoriQ Linux Virtual Host Environment zip file; as well as the VDI file.

Paul

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

I attached the VM_User_Manual. It is strange that in your downloadable package the manual is not available (maybe the zip was updated recently).

Adrian

0 Kudos