Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to some extent: SJA1110 trap-to-host do not work

Jump to solution
Cyokeo
Contributor I

Hello, all!

I am using SJA1110 as a switch chip and trying to capture the first hop sending delay of an end nodeSo I am considering using the trap-to-host feature of this switch to get the timestamp of when the packet arrives at the switch port. But after configuration, it never captures the trap-to-host management frames at the M7 core. The network topology is: endpoint 1 -> (P1) SJA1110 (P5) -> endpoint 2, with the intention of testing the sending delay from endpoint 1 to port P1.

The configuration is as follows:
1. disable the L2 lookup learning;
2. FL_DOMAIN of the L2 Forwarding Table of ports P1 and P5  are all turned off;
3. configure a static L2 Look Entry from P5 to P1 for ARP reply back to endpoint 1;

4. configure a DPI rule over ipv4.

The phenomena is as follows:
1. when adding DESTPORT -- P5 to the DPI rule in config:4, udp packets from endpoint 1 can be captured on endpoint 2;
2. when clearing DESTPORT of this DPI ruel, udp packets from endpoint 1 cannot be captured on endpoint 2.
As you can see from these two items, the DPI rule should work. However:
3. when the TAKETS, TRAP  and VALID flag of the DPI rule are enabled, the trap-to-host switch-header-trail frame cannot be captured on the M7 core of the SJA1110 

By the way, the gPTP stack is enabled and the PTP frame [using DPI rule trap to host] can be captured and delivered to GPTP_PORT_MsgReceive() interface on M7 core.

Thank you for watching and I look forward to your interest and answers !!!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Cyokeo
Contributor I

I've solved the problem. The IP messages were filtered by the hardware because the ENET module configuration did not enable promiscuous mode.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Cyokeo
Contributor I

I've solved the problem. The IP messages were filtered by the hardware because the ENET module configuration did not enable promiscuous mode.

0 Kudos