imx233 Rom Patch for Errata #2229 is not working.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx233 Rom Patch for Errata #2229 is not working.

SunnyS
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to apply this patch for Errata 2229.I am able to boot from a 1 GB sd card but not from a 2 GB sd card.

I am using the imx233_errata2229_ROM_patch_image.sb file from the freescale website and then running the following commands:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/mmc_boot_partition.raw bs=512 count=4
dd if=/root/imx233_errata2229_ROM_patch_image.sb of=/root/mmc_boot_partition.raw ibs=512 seek=4 conv=sync,notrunc
dd if=/root/mmc_boot_partition.raw  of=/dev/sdc1

I don't think the patch is being applied properly as I get the following errors on booting using the patch:

Data Abort
r14_

Has anyone met with success on applying this patch and booting from 2GB or higher SD cards.

Sunny

Message Edited by SunnyS on 2009-11-12 11:21 AM
0 Kudos
2 Replies

simonicemans
Contributor I

I've not actually tried the patch, but my understanding of how the patch mechanism works is that it has to be applied on a running system at each boot - ie the CPU restarts, loads it's initial rom bootloader into ram, then loads the patch from a non SD source, applies it to the ram image, then executes the ram image....

Unless I'm mistaken there is no mechanism to do a one time patch of the ROM because it really is ROM (ie read only).

Unfortunately this also means that you can't use the SD card to load the patch because before the patch is applied the bootloader is uncapable of reading reliably from SD (the reason for the patch in the first place).

Out of interest, what sort of 1 and 2 gig cards have you found to be able to boot/not boot? I am booting reliably off Sandisk Micro SD card 1 gig cards.

0 Kudos

SunnyS
Contributor I

I found that moserbear 1 GB micro-sd cards can boot linux, kingstone 2 GB, 4GB and 8GB micro sd cards can't boot linux.

Has any one found any 2GB, 4GB or 8GB micro-card which can boot linux?

Is it possible to apply patch through nand-flash? How? I tried by writing patch file to nand with kobs-ng but I had no success with it.

Message Edited by SunnyS on 2009-12-04 10:04 AM
Message Edited by SunnyS on 2009-12-04 10:14 AM
0 Kudos