取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

i.MX233

2,933 次查看
simonicemans
Contributor I

Is anyone looking at the new MX233 processor? Looks quite nice and is available in LQFP 128 (although it's a real shame that they left off the SPDIF TX from the LQFP variant).

The MX233 has loads of goodies on chip such as a full range of power supplies, video output complete with driver, analog audio I/O, SPDIF (on BGA only), USB high speed, plus all the usual gubbins.

I am hoping to get hold of the development kit which should be available next month and would be interested to talk with anyone who plans to use this device.

Simon.

0 项奖励
回复
6 回复数

872 次查看
Frederir
Contributor I

I plan to use it, the development kit is still not in hands of distributors(at least on my side of the world).

On the good side, new Chumby will use imx233 and should be available in November. It will be a good base to hack around the imx233 at a low cost.

For now I did not find the Linux source code for the imx233, and I'd be very pleased to have a look at it; Can anybody put it on a server ?

F.

0 项奖励
回复

872 次查看
simonicemans
Contributor I
I notice that the eval kit is now available to order through the website although the status says delivery isn't expected til Jan 2010 oh dear.
0 项奖励
回复

872 次查看
Frederir
Contributor I

Linux kernel sources and associated tools are available :

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX23EVK&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

The tag is wrong, it says kernel 2.6.26 but inside the tarball you'll find 2.6.28.

F.

0 项奖励
回复

872 次查看
simonicemans
Contributor I

Thanks for that, downloading now.

Have you had any luck with the development board itself? I've not managed to get a price from a distributor yet (one quoted 'no bid', another said they'd get back to me), so I've ordered it off the web - I'll let you know if it arrives before the estimated delivery date of Jan 7th 2010...

0 项奖励
回复

872 次查看
simonicemans
Contributor I

Development kit ship date has been re-scheduled from 10th January 2010 to 30th October 2009...

I notice that the order page still shows January as the anticipated ship date.

0 项奖励
回复

872 次查看
simonicemans
Contributor I

The MX233 development kit finally arrived yesterday and I've been having a play.

Here are some notes that might help others. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who is also using this dev kit.

Positives :

Comes preloaded with Linux - plug in and it comes straight up.

Audio device drivers support on chip analog in/out and SPDIF out.

Audio mixer device fully implemented.

Composite video PAL/NTSC is supported (although see below).

Negatives :

Quite a few components are not populated.

SSP1 port shared between Ethernet and MMC card socket - mutually exclusive (hardware disconnects Eth when MMC card plugged in).

SSP2 port only goes between NAND flash and CPU - no provision to use port for other purpose (other than by using mod wires soldered directly to the NAND flash pins/pads).

Micro USB AB connector is used on the board, not Mini USB. Also, the kit I received did not contain any USB cables at all so I've had to order these separately, so I've not been able to test any of the USB functionality as yet.

SPDIF output not brought out to a proper header or test point. Only access is via a couple of 0603 resistor pads.

Issues and misc notes (might help others coming this way) :

Using RAM above 64Meg appears to cause lockups. Seeing as RAM is physically implemented on this board as two ICs of 64meg each it's not clear whether this is a Linux or hardware issue, still looking at it.

U-Boot isn't used on the demo image. Instead a small boot loader called imx-bootlets is used. In order to change the linux kernel command line it appears you have to recompile this - I couldn't see any other way. With U-Boot you can interactively alter it at the U-Boot prompt.

Composite video requires a change to the linux kernel command line to enable it.

Another change to the command line is required to enable MMC boot/root instead of ethernet on SSP1.

I did build a U-Boot from the Freescale sources, but it didn't appear to support flash (MMC card or NAND). 

Summary.

I was a bit disappointed in the hardware - that (for 400 bucks) so much has been left off the board, and very disappointed that there were no USB cables or adapters. Perhaps this was an oversight with my kit. There are two manifests, one shows with a cable the other without. The cable is in any case a device cable, ie allows you to connect the board to a PC, so no good anyway if you want to use the USB port on the board as a Host port.

Overall the people who have done the work on the Linux BSP have done an excellent job and it should prove a major time saver in getting our product going. 

0 项奖励
回复