cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flexcan 56f8322 recives same message as sent

burra
Contributor II

Hi,
have a problem that the same message I send, gets recived in rx message buffer. The flexcan is set to recive all messages sent on the CAN bus. The Id field is set to all 0 and the global mask is also all 0. I have been told that this is not a problem with the msCAN controller. How can I solve this? It is really messing up my program when I recive all the messages that I send.

//Burra

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

sglow
Contributor I
Hi Burra;

I'm seeing exactly the same problem. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I've been porting some code that runs on the '807 processor to the 56f8367 and have been having lots of problems with the FlexCAN peripherial. This peripherial seems to be a very significant downgrade from the MSCAN peripherial on the '807 processor.

In addition to receiving all the sent messages I've found that it's IMPOSSIBLE to receive a RTR message for software processing. This would seem to directly conflict with the CAN2.0B spec that the device claims to support.

Any suggestions on how to work around the erronous loopback of transmit messages would be appreciated.

Rgds,
Steve
0 Kudos

fritzi
Contributor I
Hello burra,
ask freescale for the CAN Controller Conformance Test (CCCT). In this report all errorneous behaviour is desribed in detail. With this knowldege you should be able to develop a software workaround. This test is mandatory in the european automotiv industries. Otherwise the controller, which uses this CAN - Core will not get a release and must not be used in development.

Regards

fritzi
0 Kudos