cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use U8g2 Library with QN9090 board

nickmcc
Contributor I

Hello all,

I have a QN9090 sdk and an OLED screen that is compatible with the U8g2 library. I found some documentation of porting the U8g2 library to use with the LPC55(S)6X sdk. I was wondering if similar documentation exists, if anyone has any experience using this library with the QN9090, or if I can follow the same steps/process that were used for the LPC board for the QN9090.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

olikraus
Contributor II

With the help of a little bit of glue code, U8g2 can be ported to any target architecture. I personally have ported u8g2 to several NXP M0 systems, for example here via software emulated I2C interface: https://github.com/olikraus/u8g2/tree/master/sys/arm/lpc824/u8g2_logo

I think this should be similar to the QN9090 M4 controller.

uC porting documentation is also available here: https://github.com/olikraus/u8g2/wiki/Porting-to-new-MCU-platform

And of course you can also post questions on the u8g2 github project...

Oliver

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nick,

Hope you are doing well.

Code flow/steps from the Application Note using LPC may be used as reference for QN9090, but please note that the API may not be the same for both devices, so you would need to verify if the library is compatible with the QN9090 SDK. Also, please note that there are some time and memory constraints that should be considered when adding the library.

Please, consult the User Manual for your OLED screen and verify the communication interface and the required commands for this screen to work. You can consult the MCUXpresso SDK API Reference Manual_QN9090 (inside the QN9090 SDK documentation folder > docs) for the corresponding communication interface API.

EduardoZamora_0-1662493933545.png

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos