cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Semihost hard falut

Jump to solution
Shealtiel
Contributor I

I'm using MXRT1020 board. I merged the dcp code into flex spi nor polling code. Initially I was facing the issues it was going into semi hard fault . After debug I got to know,  UART peripheral present or debug is causing the hardfault. It worked once the below function was comment out.

BOARD_InitDebugConsole();

but I want debug console as well. How can I resolve this issue????

Thanks,

Shealtiel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Shealtiel ,

We found the cause of this issue.  flexspi_nor_polling demo will erase the sector defined by EXAMPLE_SECTOR. After merging dcp code, the image size of demo flex_spi_nor_polling increase. So demo will erase itself.  User can increase macro EXAMPLE_SECTOR to fix this issue. 

Best regards,
Gavin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Shealtiel ,

Thanks for your interest in NXP MIMXRT series.

In the information you provided, the original flex spi nor polling project was running fine before the code was modified is that right? So, is it possible, that the process of modifying the code caused a resource conflict? We suggest you try the latest version SDK code first. Then, if there is still a problem, you can provide a minimal reproduction project for our side to troubleshoot this issue.

Best regards,

Gavin 

0 Kudos
Shealtiel
Contributor I

Hi ,
Original flex spi nor polling project was running fine before modification. when i merged dcp code it was not working it was going into hard fault and I'm using latest SDK .

I added the code below in which i had made the changes. Can you please check it.

Thanks,

Shealtiel

0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Shealtiel ,

I really apologize for my late reply.

It took some time to reorder the RT1020 EVK boards. I have reproduced your issue on my side today. And I am pushing to locate and solve this issue. Thank you very much for your patience.

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for your patience!

I tried switching to release mode over here, and it passed when I program it in the IDE.

Suggest you use RELEASE mode first, its root cause is still being troubleshooted internally.

Hope you have a good day!

Best regards,
Gavin

Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Shealtiel ,

We found the cause of this issue.  flexspi_nor_polling demo will erase the sector defined by EXAMPLE_SECTOR. After merging dcp code, the image size of demo flex_spi_nor_polling increase. So demo will erase itself.  User can increase macro EXAMPLE_SECTOR to fix this issue. 

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos