cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segmentation Fault When Running Linux Binary on i.MX8QM with Android 10

rohitbhosale
Contributor I

Hello,

We are using an i.MX8QM device running Android 10. We have an AM/FM source code originally developed for Linux that we want to use on Android 10. We have built the binary using the NDK 25 toolchain.

After pushing the binary and its dependency libraries(libgpiod, libgpiocxx, libncurse) to the device, we placed the required libc.so.6 and ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 libraries in the system/lib64 directory. However, we are encountering a segmentation fault when running the binary.

Steps we have taken so far:

1. Verified that all required libraries are present in the system/lib64 directory.
  2. Ensured that the binary and libraries are built for the ARM64 architecture.

We need assistance in identifying and resolving the cause of this segmentation fault. Any guidance on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Segmentation fault is a specific kind of error caused by accessing memory that “does not belong to you.” It’s a helper mechanism that keeps you from corrupting the memory and introducing hard-to-debug memory bugs. Whenever you get a segfault you know you are doing something wrong with memory – accessing a variable that has already been freed, writing to a read-only portion of the memory, etc.  it has to be with memory management.

Regards

0 Kudos