次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Screw down the PCB of the FXLS8471Q

ソリューションへジャンプ
811件の閲覧回数
johannes_steinb
Contributor II

I am interested in using the FXLS8471Q accelerometer in an upcoming design. I read in the datasheet that it is suggested to fix the PCB without usage of screw down or stacking, to minimize the stress on the package.

What are other solutions to fix the PCB?

If we use screw down to fix the PCB and place the accelerometer next to it, which effect does it have to the package? 

Thanks for any help

Johannes

1 解決策
704件の閲覧回数
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

this information depends on your PCB manufacturer, ask them directly for their DFM rules or ask them specifically for the recommended distance between the mechanial hole and a component.

Regards,

Jose

元の投稿で解決策を見る

6 返答(返信)
704件の閲覧回数
johannes_steinb
Contributor II

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your response.

In your response you recommend that we should use the correct torque, so the question is what is the correct torque ?

Johannes

0 件の賞賛
返信
704件の閲覧回数
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding the max torque to be applied, unfortunately we do not have any information since this is more dependent on the resistance of the PCB before it bends of break. What I can give is general guidelines about the recommended distance according to DFM rules between the screw holes and the accelerometer (again this is generally speaking since this would also depends on the size of the screw), this distance should be around 110 mils (2.7mm).

I hope this helps.

704件の閲覧回数
johannes_steinb
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for your response, it helps a lot.

Is there a table in which I could look up the distances for the different screws?

Johannes 

0 件の賞賛
返信
705件の閲覧回数
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

this information depends on your PCB manufacturer, ask them directly for their DFM rules or ask them specifically for the recommended distance between the mechanial hole and a component.

Regards,

Jose

704件の閲覧回数
johannes_steinb
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your response, it helps a lot.

Johannes

0 件の賞賛
返信
704件の閲覧回数
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Johannes,

The only reason of why it is recommended to avoid screwing down the PCB near the accelerometer to fix it into an enclosure is because this may cause the PCB to bend, causing stress to the soldering pads, but if you add the correct torque to the screws, there should not be any problem.

Customers are advised to be cautious about the proximity of screw-down holes to the sensor, and the location of any press fit to the assembled PCB when in an enclosure. It is important that the assembled PCB remain flat after assembly to keep electronic operation of the device optimal.

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------