cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32Z - Flash IVT using Trace32 Lauterbach debugger

AymanYounis
Contributor II

Hello,

We have NXP "S32Z270" controller connected to "Micron Serial NOR Flash Memory" and recently we added Fls driver, seems like we erased the whole NOR.

When we try to flash the NOR again using T32 connected debugger, we get this message:

Pass IVT_header:0xFFFFFFFF with the SPI Mode

We tried with cmm scripts, we can dump the NOR (All data are 0xFF), but we can not flash any binary to it, however, we switch to serial boot and flash a dump.bin which contains valid IVT, ..etc.

Any idea if Flashing IVT needs a special mode and can it be done using T32?

Thanks,

Ayman

4 Replies

AymanYounis
Contributor II

Hello Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.

So I can take a dump (I did not take the complete 512Mb but tried 64Mb using T32 Data.Save.Binary and was able to read all content, compare it with a working valid dump or blob that contains valid IVT, ..etc) Which shows that the NOR is completely erased and filled with 0xFF.

Regarding Flashing, I tried the same command you shared (With .Binary and with .IntelHex_ providing different sizes of binaries and starting from address 0x0, it shows this error:

FLASH programming error around address NSD:0x1000

I think the address is not fixed, sometimes it shows different errors around another address. So I don't expect it's a specific sector write failing but more as write access to the NOR.

I also tried (FLASH.CHANGEtype to set it as TARGET and FLASH.AUTO and other commands but no luck yet).

I didn't try to do the actual write (FLASH.ReProgram OFF) even after the error and check the dump to see if it wrote to any sectors, do you think it could help?

Best Regards,

Ayman

0 Kudos

steffen_krausse
Contributor III

Hello Ayman,

I would suggest to contact support@lauterbach.com to get in direct contact with Lauterbach in this case. Maybe a remote session is necessary to analyze this case. Once your case is solved we can post a summary here.

Best Regards,
Steffen.

0 Kudos

AymanYounis
Contributor II

Hello Steffen,

Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Ayman

0 Kudos

steffen_krausse
Contributor III

Hello Ayman,

This is a message, that indicates, that a SPI flash device was found and its content is empty. So it fits your description of the the expected flash state. But now interesting would be, what steps have been done for flash programming and what error message occured? Because the SPI flash content is mapped at address 0x0 in the cores memory map, the next steps would be:

FLASH.ReProgram ALL
    Data.LOAD.Binary <file.bin> 0x0
    FLASH.ReProgram OFF

What does the AREA window show after these commands? What does

Data.dump 0x0

show after the programming?

Best Regards,
Steffen.

0 Kudos