(Qorlq) Question on PCI-Express for T2081(T4240)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Qorlq) Question on PCI-Express for T2081(T4240)

rajvad
Contributor I

Hi,

I am looking for the T2081 based PCI-Express driver code. I got the equivalent T4240 PCI express driver code from the link shared by NXP:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/power-architecture/qoriq-communication-....

I have a few questions regarding the same:

With respect to the PCI-Express module in the code,

-There is an End point agent for 8569(Init8569AgentDeviceForDdr3() )  and for 1023(Init1023AgentDevice() ), but there is no agent for T4240. Is there a reason for that?

For the function OpenHostOutWindow(), the base address is got by MM_GET() which, it seems, gets the memory allocated from the heap and then gets a Virtual address assigned to this allocated address. Also the translation address is also got by MM_GET(). Is there a logical reason for this? Should not the translation address be pointing to the actual PCI device address?  

-Also, For the OpenHostInWindow, the translation address is got by MallocSmart() which allocates memory in the T4240 RAM DDR_NON_CACHEABE space and the base address is got by MM_GET(). In this case I understand that the translation address should point to the internal host memory space but where should the base address be pointing to?   Can you please clarify the above? Thanks very much for the same.

thanks and regards,

Rajkumar

0 Kudos
0 Replies