Please tell me if there is a way to initialize NTAG(NT3H) from the I2C side.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please tell me if there is a way to initialize NTAG(NT3H) from the I2C side.

Hirotoshi_NAGAO
Contributor I

Hello NXP Support.

Without writing any Configuration Reg The Session Register is set and the pass-through operation mode is debugged.

Normally, set FD_ON and FD_OFF of NC_REG to 11b. When NC_REG Pass-through ON (MASK: 40h, REGD: 40h) is set The FD pin signal will turn OFF (’H' because it is Active Low) and wait for an event. I was doing debug operation continuously After resetting, the FD pin remained LOW even after performing the above operation. It seems that the state of NTAG has changed in some way, so please let me know if there is an initialization procedure.

BEST REGARDS

Hirotoshi NAGAO

CHINO Corporation

0 Kudos
5 Replies

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Hirotoshi_NAGAO 

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.

This software development kit (SW3647) is available for you. You can download it from NXP's official website.

Best regards,

Kelly

Technical Support

NXP Semiconductor

0 Kudos

Hirotoshi_NAGAO
Contributor I

Technical Support

Hello Kelly-san.

Thank you for your comment.

Let me ask you a question.

Question 1) What accesses or conditions require a Factory Reset?

Question 2) Is there a way to tell by memory read if the NTAG is in such a misbehaving state?

Best Regards.

Hirotoshi NAGAO

CHINO Corporation.

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Hirotoshi_NAGAO 

Please check the red parts:

Question 1) What accesses or conditions require a Factory Reset?

The original Settings will not be saved unless you save them in advance, and the conditions under which you need to restore factory Settings should depend on your needs. But it is important to note that not all configurations can be restoredlike REG_LOCK_I2C and REG_LOCK_NFC.

Question 2) Is there a way to tell by memory read if the NTAG is in such a misbehaving state?

The Peek and Poke GUI is a Windows application that can be used to examine the detailed memory contents of the NTAG I2C plus EEPROM via I2C interface.(NXP official website download and install)

Best regards,

Kelly

Technical Support

NXP Semiconductor

0 Kudos

Hirotoshi_NAGAO
Contributor I

Hello Kelly-san.

Thank you for comments.

Q1) "Checking factory_reset_Tag(). NTAG_I2C does not include processing, but NTAG_I2C_PLUS Contains initialization from NTAG_MEM_ADRR_I2C_ADDRESS.

Is this processing unnecessary for NTAG_I2C?

Q2) Also, is it possible to check the state in which the NTAG must be initialized by referring to a register somewhere in the NTAG?

Q3) If RF is not accessing, can I always judge that initialization from I2C is possible? Or is it possible that it becomes inaccessible?

Q4) I would like to purchase several OM5569/NT322E NTAG EXPLORER (NT3H2211).

I have been informed that it is difficult to obtain even though I would like to purchase from AVNET.

let me know.

Best Regards.

Hirotoshi NAGAO

CHINO Corporation.

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Hirotoshi_NAGAO 

Please check the red comments:

Q1) "Checking factory_reset_Tag(). NTAG_I2C does not include processing, but NTAG_I2C_PLUS Contains initialization from NTAG_MEM_ADRR_I2C_ADDRESS.

Is this processing unnecessary for NTAG_I2C?

Checking factory_reset_Tag() which is the feature of your application, it depends on your application needs, NTAG itself has no such feature.

Q2) Also, is it possible to check the state in which the NTAG must be initialized by referring to a register somewhere in the NTAG?

No, there is not such register for your requirement.

Q3) If RF is not accessing, can I always judge that initialization from I2C is possible? Or is it possible that it becomes inaccessible?

Without RF accessing, NTAG can be accessed or initialized by I2C, but cannot judge initialization behavior.

Q4) I would like to purchase several OM5569/NT322E NTAG EXPLORER (NT3H2211).

I have been informed that it is difficult to obtain even though I would like to purchase from AVNET.

This is beyond the scope of this channel support and cannot give your related support, please understand.

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products andfor the opportunity to serve you.

Best regards,

Kelly

Technical Support

NXP Semiconductor

0 Kudos