cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462 HIF_I2C in Slave Transmission & Reception

gkowshik
Contributor II

Hi Team,

I am using PN7462  for developing a simple I2C communication with my Arduino. I specifically need the PN7462 to be slave and arduino to be master. 

I have seen the SDK and found the phExHif_mcux example, however when I tried to use the phExHif-Hw_Transmit( ) funciton, I am hitting a Hard fault error everytime no matter what changes I do to the configuration. I am not able to debug what is causing this fault? I have attached my modified code which I am using to that can recreate the issue. 

My understanding about the HIF is that, i can both Transmit and receive on the HIF's I2C lines i.e., (ATX_A and B) but I am not able to see any data on these lines when I hooked an Saleae logic analyzer to the lines. 

Has anyone faced this issue? please help me with this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

gkowshik
Contributor II

@KellyLi Any update on this please?

Thanks

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @gkowshik 

In your code, the following modification is not correct, here should be pointing to the I2Cmodule address, I suggest you check your code.

KellyLi_0-1709978125966.png

BR

kelly

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @gkowshik 

Say sorry to you for the late reply.

In our example, Host is LPC, the GPIOs of LPC and PN7462AU are used to determine which functionality of this example has to be executed. It is also used to select the host interface or master interface to be used. So, I'd like to say, do you also use such a GPIO as a judgment signal in your hardware? If you don't use it, remove it from your project.

BR

kelly

0 Kudos

gkowshik
Contributor II

Hi @KellyLi 

Yes I was aware of the GPIO 4,5 pins being used, however I am not using this in my application as my target communication channel is only I2C, and I have hardcoded the application's switch case to HIF I2C as per the source files I have attached.

I am not able to get the slave working, the phHif_Hw_Transmit/ Receive function is causing hard faults on the MCU no matter what I do. I have ensured the settings are correct and there is an I2C device present on the bus as well. 

Please let me know how I can debug forward or any other information is required from my side.

Thanks

0 Kudos