cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5190 interface to host controller

pyt351
Contributor I

Hi Community

I am trying to run the discovery loop provided by the library to an STM32 controller. As per my understanding in the library and documents provided, the BAL Layer is controller specific and we have to add our controller specific SPI functions

Experts from the community, can anyone in the community please provide a step by step guidance to follow so that i can implement the same on STM32. i have the EVM board with kinetis controller and would need the step by step guide/suggestions to implement changes so that the PN5190 library can be integrated and worked properly with STM32 controller.
Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

I would suggest you refer to the NXP DAL API guider.  it is under the reader library.  Please check BAL for more details.

danielchen_0-1678686937645.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

pyt351
Contributor I

Hi, @danielchen 
Greetings

Thanks for your reply
yes from what i understand is to add stm32 specific spi and other gpio details with bal layer would make the library portable to this controller

One doubt regarding the ph_osal layer - this is controller related and if we are planning to use null os then there are examples for cm3 and cm4 controllers but my controller is cm33 based. will this cause an issue or how can i solve this particular dependency issue.

Thanks 

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @pyt351 :

You can use phOsal_Port_PN76XX.C as a reference.

PN76 is CM33 based.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

pyt351
Contributor I

Hi @danielchen 

we are working on the PN5190 library for working with discovery loop example. Could you please help us with the working of timer in the library and its configuration so that it would be easy to implement with another controller.
Thanks

0 Kudos

pyt351
Contributor I

Hi @danielchen 
Thanks for your support.
I will use them as a reference
Thanks

0 Kudos