NTAG 5: Use of extended NFC read/write command ISO15693.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG 5: Use of extended NFC read/write command ISO15693.

esromerom
Contributor II

Hello you all, I am currently working on an android app to read/write on the NTAG 5 Link (NTP5332). I have had problems having access to the two byte address memory blocks, (0x0100,... 0x01FE). I have tried to follow the datasheet hints without success. 

I am using the selected mode and reading and writing commands for single address slots and it works perfect e.g. reading 15 blocks from the address 12. 
0x12   Flags
0x23   Reading multiple blocks
0x12  1 byte address
0x0F  N of blocks

In the other hand, I have tried for the extended read multiple blocks in several ways for instance reading 15 blocks from 0x0112

0x12 or 0x18 or 0x1A Flags
0x33  Extended Command read multiple blocks 
0x12  LSB address
0x01  MSB address
0x0F N of blocks

And unfortunately I does not work either for single reading, and the writing. Have you any idea of what I am missing in the command structure?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Great, please let us know about your findings.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

If you have access to an NXP readerplease help me by checking if the memory blocks you are trying to read works properly using Peek and Poke. This may give us a starting point to know if everything is working as it should in the NTAG 5 Link board.

Please be completely sure the registers you are changing because due to security reasons if a register is modified the board could lock itself.

There is also an NTAG 5 Explorer for Android that might help you to have an idea of what could you do with the board.

Is there any way you could help us showing a log of what you are sending and receiving from your Application?

Please check the Android stack regarding NFC, is there is a slight possibility that the frame sent could be misplaced.

Thank you for taking the time of explaining your issue. I'm pleased to be any way helpful.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

esromerom
Contributor II

Thanks Fabian.
By now I can not check the access to the memory blocks through the  "NXP reader" tool but instead I have tried with NXP tag info android app and previously using i2c channel to write/read the user memory and in both i can read the full memory. Also, I have reviewed the config reg to check if extended commands were enabled and it was ok. 
I have tried reading the memory within the app using the basic "read_multiple_blocks"  command from the 0x00FF  address up to any desired and I could access too.

Although trying direct access gives me NULL in the "retrieve" command line. By now I walked around refactoring the memory layout of the project to remain working with one byte addresses.

Thank you again, I will check on the Android Stack.

0 Kudos