cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC6506S crashes on interrupt

Jump to solution
DjuroDrljaca
Contributor II

I created a "bare board" project in CW 10.2 for MPC5606S.

After I had a lot of problems with triggering interrupt I decided to try also with PIT peripheral to keep it simpler (and some sample code for this is already available under examples).

The program contains:

- sources from CW bare board project (automaticaly generated)

- simple code to initialize and start the timer

- I initialize the interrupt vector --> INTC_InstallINTCInterruptHandler(Pit1ISR, 60, 1);

- I enable all interrupt priorities --> INTC.CPR.B.PRI = 0;

After that when the interrupt occurs the CPU crashes. I also managed to debug the interrupt handler function (INTC_INTCInterruptHandler) but I am not sure if this is good since it is not recommended to read INTC.IACKR multiple times - I got a function pointer value of 0x00000000, but the register value points directly to the correct function pointer address of the PIT IRQ.

Could someone help me solve this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DjuroDrljaca
Contributor II

So I got an answer from Freescale support:

The issue is the “ivor_branch_table_p1”, defined in ivor_branch_table.c  is not linked properly. Thus when exception (IVOR4) happens, the INTC_INTCInterruptHandler is not called. So please try to comment following line within the ivor_branch_table.c file …/* Set interrupt handlers *///asm void ivor_branch_table_p1(void);    comment this line#pragma section code_type ".ivor_branch_table" ….Also if the RAM target is used the #define CALL_USR_INIT 1 should be added to the INT_RAM_VLE.prefix file, thus interrupt initialization is called also for a RAM target.Hope it helps.

If you want to avoid the compiler warning you can instead move the commented out function declaration between the pragmas and function definition.

I am still waitng for answer regarding a more "permanent" solution to the problem...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DjuroDrljaca
Contributor II

So after I lost about 1 day of dancing around this problem I found the cause of this problem.

The problem is in CodeWarrior v10.2, since it apparently doesn't correctly create the startup/initialization files. When I created a project with CodeWarrior for 55xx/56xx v2.8 the same code didn't crash when interrupts occured. Then I was also able to import the CW v2.8 to CW v10.2 and the project was still working.

Now I will try to find out exactly what causes this problem and I will probably also send a bug report to Freescale.

0 Kudos
DjuroDrljaca
Contributor II

So I got an answer from Freescale support:

The issue is the “ivor_branch_table_p1”, defined in ivor_branch_table.c  is not linked properly. Thus when exception (IVOR4) happens, the INTC_INTCInterruptHandler is not called. So please try to comment following line within the ivor_branch_table.c file …/* Set interrupt handlers *///asm void ivor_branch_table_p1(void);    comment this line#pragma section code_type ".ivor_branch_table" ….Also if the RAM target is used the #define CALL_USR_INIT 1 should be added to the INT_RAM_VLE.prefix file, thus interrupt initialization is called also for a RAM target.Hope it helps.

If you want to avoid the compiler warning you can instead move the commented out function declaration between the pragmas and function definition.

I am still waitng for answer regarding a more "permanent" solution to the problem...

0 Kudos