Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC55xx VLE mode switching

Jump to solution
Bloodhound
Contributor I

Hi All,

If the CPU is running in VLE mode (an e200z760 in my case), is it necessary to switch out of VLE mode before jumping to 'normal' non VLE instructions? If so what register controls this?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EAlepins
Contributor V

Hi,

I don't see exactly the microcontroller you are using because there is no e200z760 cores in the MPC55xx family... Anyway, the VLE/non-VLE mode is defined by MMU pages. The MAS2 core MMU register has a "VLE" bit which tells if that page must be executed in VLE mode or not. Hence, when jumping from VLE code to non-VLE code, there is nothing special to do, except to make sure the MMU page you come from is really configured as VLE and the destination one as non-VLE.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bloodhound
Contributor I

Thank you for the answers, sorry for the delayed response. And I did have the heading a little misleading, it is a MPC5674F I was working with.

0 Kudos
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
EAlepins
Contributor V

Hi,

I don't see exactly the microcontroller you are using because there is no e200z760 cores in the MPC55xx family... Anyway, the VLE/non-VLE mode is defined by MMU pages. The MAS2 core MMU register has a "VLE" bit which tells if that page must be executed in VLE mode or not. Hence, when jumping from VLE code to non-VLE code, there is nothing special to do, except to make sure the MMU page you come from is really configured as VLE and the destination one as non-VLE.

0 Kudos