Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1043a and LS1046a botting from QSPI MRAM

Jump to solution
jvbentley93
Contributor I

Hello,

I am working on a custom board that will use either the LS1043A or the LS1046A, exactly which processor is TBD and I need some clarification on QSPI-boot hardware requirements.

The current thinking is to boot from QSPI using a non-volatile serial MRAM module.

My questions are:

1) Can I boot from a serial MRAM module connected to QSPI? Or does it have to be flash for QSPI-boot?

2) If I use the QSPI interface to boot but I set the RCW values in the PBI such that the QSPI interface is not used during normal operation, will I be able to use all IFC pins as IFC pins? Or, if I boot from QSPI are those pins permanently muxxed to QSPI during normal operation?

3) If it's possible to boot from QSPI using MRAM, are there any special procedures we need to follow in code to make that work?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Oswalag
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Q1) Flash is recommended as boot-source.

Q2)Once you set the pins in the RCW you cannot change the mux without updating the RCW and re-boot.

Q3)It should be possible, not recommended as boot source and it only have to meet the requirements for the QSPI boot in the RM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Oswalag
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Q1) Flash is recommended as boot-source.

Q2)Once you set the pins in the RCW you cannot change the mux without updating the RCW and re-boot.

Q3)It should be possible, not recommended as boot source and it only have to meet the requirements for the QSPI boot in the RM.

0 Kudos