Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KIT-HGDRONEK66  assembly and osd

accateo
Contributor I

Hello, I intend to buy the kit 

KIT-HGDRONEK66 

From the various documentations and videos I did not understand two things:

- once you have purchased the kit and assembled correctly, is it ready to fly? Or must it first go through a parameter tuning phase (of the flight controller)?

- how complex is it to have telemetry data (GPS, battery) on a display?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

KIT-HGDRONEK66 

- once you have purchased the kit and assembled correctly, is it ready to fly? Or must it first go through a parameter tuning phase (of the flight controller)?

>>> You will need to follow the instructions to program the FMU itself. There are some public software images provided by DroneCode/PX4 that can be used. Ideally you would also follow the gitbook instructions on how to build PX4 yourself. The FMU (Flight controller) software consists of a bootloader and the PX4 code. Once you have a bootloader in place, you can also load the latest master code from PX4 using QGroundControl PC software as well - where it will grab the latest code from the PX4 web repository.

>>> When PX4 is loaded, you will then need to follow setup steps using QGroundControl. The steps include calibrating the accel/mag/gyro, and setting things like the radio channels. It is relatively straightforward, and the instructions are shown on QGroundControl.
NOTE - You also need to have a telemetry radio (part# HGD-TELEM433/915 or similar)

- how complex is it to have telemetry data (GPS, battery) on a display?
>>> Telemetry data is normally send down to QGroundControl and is shown there. QGroundControl is able to run on Windows, Linux, Mac, Android Phone/tablet. That is typically highly desired to have the telemetry connection running to manage the drone. This is also used to set waypoint missions etc. 

>>> It is possible to push telemetry over FPV goggles, but we do not have instructions on how to do this. One of the HoverGames participants has done this and may have instructions on the web.

(Dobrea Dan-Marius)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrDmzHP7HWk0j307dHE3fpaI_TGSCm7fN

"

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi accateo,

Please see this page https://nxp.gitbook.io/hovergames/userguide/programming

It seems it need some set up.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

accateo
Contributor I

Thanks for the answer.

What about telemetry data on display (osd)?

0 Kudos