cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue performing NTAG5/ISO15693 commands using PN7150

Jump to solution
jessw
Contributor I

I am using NTP5332 NTAG 5 tag IC along with PN7150 reader, which is connected to a microcontroller using the NxpNci library found in NXP-NCI MCUXpresso example Project.

I want to use the ISO15693 tag commands as found in the NTAG 5 datasheet, for example to enable energy harvesting and I2C master mode. I have tried using NxpNci_ReaderTagCmd() but it returns an error.

After much effort, I found the following statement in the PN7150 user manual:

Unfortunately, we had to withdraw this concept and the TAG-CMD as implemented in PN7150 is limited to MIFARE Classic operation in Reader/Writer and T2T operation in Reader/Writer when the Sector Select command is required.

Is it not possible to use PN7150 to perform ISO15693 tag commands? What readers are compatible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jessw 

Thanks for contacting us and choosing the NXP products.
The PN7150 supports reading and writing of NTAG 5 tag, and there are some examples running on different MCUs. It is recommended that you try running one of these examples. You can download SW4325 from NXP's official website.
Feel free to contact us if any issues.

To update this case, you may reply by email.
To provide confidential information or attachments, you may add that online.

Please login to our NXP technical support portal:
https://support.nxp.com/s/case/5002p00002s7VN9AAM

The portal allows access to the full details of the case, including the previous communication.

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.

Best regards,
Kelly
Technical Support
NXP Semiconductor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jessw 

Thanks for contacting us and choosing the NXP products.
The PN7150 supports reading and writing of NTAG 5 tag, and there are some examples running on different MCUs. It is recommended that you try running one of these examples. You can download SW4325 from NXP's official website.
Feel free to contact us if any issues.

To update this case, you may reply by email.
To provide confidential information or attachments, you may add that online.

Please login to our NXP technical support portal:
https://support.nxp.com/s/case/5002p00002s7VN9AAM

The portal allows access to the full details of the case, including the previous communication.

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.

Best regards,
Kelly
Technical Support
NXP Semiconductor

0 Kudos