In which USB Type-C port state the CON_DET pin of PTN5150 is asserted?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

In which USB Type-C port state the CON_DET pin of PTN5150 is asserted?

242件の閲覧回数
yhara
Contributor II

We would like to use PTN5150 to realize a DRP / DRD port with only USB 2.0 data lanes without USB-PD support.

In which state (as defined by USB Type-C standard) does PTN5150 asserts CON_DET pin? The datasheet only says it is asserted when a connection is detected, which is not very clear.

Background: an MCU in our system has an input pin that expects high when VBUS is valid and low when invalid. VBUS being valid corresponds to Attached.SRC and Attached.SNK states as defined by USB Type-C standard. We would be able to use CON_DET to drive this pin of the MCU, if CON_DET gets asserted only in Attached.SRC and Attached.SNK states, which is what I am curisous to know.

タグ(4)
0 件の賞賛
3 返答(返信)

125件の閲覧回数
yhara
Contributor II

So, USB Type-C standard defines numerous port states. A port may be in one of several states when a cable or another port is connected to it.

What I would like to know is, in which of those states does PTN5150 assert CON_DET signal.

Please do let me know if my question does not make sense.

0 件の賞賛

216件の閲覧回数
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello:

This pin will automatically switch from input to CON_DET output in
"non-I2C mode or set 09H bit[0] to 0" after TINPUTLATCH
• CON_DET = High (Connection Detected)
• CON_DET = Low (No Connection)

So I think asserted means 'High' in CON_DET.

0 件の賞賛

212件の閲覧回数
yhara
Contributor II

Thanks. I know it is an active-high signal.

What I want to know is the conditions in which it is asserted. In other words, when does the device detect connection? Or what is the definition of "connection" here?

0 件の賞賛