Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write message in a NSH32 TAG using an RC522 reader

Jump to solution
Nobby
Contributor II

Hello,

I am developing a module capable of reading and writing message between an NSH3152 chip and an RC522 reader.
The reader should read and write the message on the chip.

So far I can write information to the chip using the LPC-Link
I can also read the message on the chip using the reader.

But I don't know yet how to write a message using the reader.
And the code for writing the message works with the MIFARE Classic card.
Do you know if there is a way to write a message using TAG different from the classic MIFARE card?

Moreover, we are still in the experimental phase and plan to use different readers in the future.
I want to use the PN7642 NFC reader and I want to know if it will be easier to use the PN7642 as a reader in my situation? Compared to the RC522 reader?

The code I used for writing the message is available from create.arduino.cc, with the name Write_2_NFC_arduino_code.ino, at:  

https://create.arduino.cc/editor/LogMaker360/ac6be449-9893-4e30-9ce5-7733cfb8a7ef/preview

I tried to modify the code by changing the size of the message but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance in your help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.

I appreciate your interest in our products.

As you are able to see on the RC522 site, we don't recommend the use of this IC. Please keep in mind that RC522 is a front-end and requires to be driven by an MCU. You can use the CLRC663 Plus instead but, you will still need an MCU to drive the application.

Regarding the PN7642, this is our newest NFC Controller, it has an MCU in the same Integrated Circuit but, the use of Arduino IDE cannot be used with the PN7642.

We highly recommend to please take a look at our NFC Reader Library which has different examples that I am sure you will find very helpful for starting your project. Since NHS3100 IC can be read through the ISO14443 A interface, any NTAG example can be useful for this.

There is a MIFARE Classic example that will help you build your application quickly.

Best Regards,
Fabian

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.

I appreciate your interest in our products.

As you are able to see on the RC522 site, we don't recommend the use of this IC. Please keep in mind that RC522 is a front-end and requires to be driven by an MCU. You can use the CLRC663 Plus instead but, you will still need an MCU to drive the application.

Regarding the PN7642, this is our newest NFC Controller, it has an MCU in the same Integrated Circuit but, the use of Arduino IDE cannot be used with the PN7642.

We highly recommend to please take a look at our NFC Reader Library which has different examples that I am sure you will find very helpful for starting your project. Since NHS3100 IC can be read through the ISO14443 A interface, any NTAG example can be useful for this.

There is a MIFARE Classic example that will help you build your application quickly.

Best Regards,
Fabian