cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Debug IVOR1 Errors in Bare-Metal Applications on NXP Microcontrollers

CarolJenkins
Contributor I

Hello NXP community,

I've been experiencing an issue with my NXP microcontroller that I hope someone can help me with. I keep getting an IVOR1 error, and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Here's some context: I'm working with an NXP MPC5744P microcontroller, and I'm running a bare-metal application on it. Recently, I started getting IVOR1 errors when I try to execute certain instructions. The error message I'm getting is "Machine Check Exception - Unknown Exception."

I've looked through the documentation, and I understand that IVOR1 is the machine check exception interrupt vector. I also know that this interrupt can be triggered by a wide range of errors, such as data parity errors, instruction errors, or cache errors. However, I'm not sure how to narrow down the specific cause of my IVOR1 error.

Here are some more details about my setup:

• I'm using the CodeWarrior IDE to compile and debug my application.
  • I'm running the application on a custom board that uses the MPC5744P microcontroller.
  • The application uses a combination of C and assembly code.
  • I'm not using an operating system or any third-party libraries.

I've tried a few things to troubleshoot the issue:

• I've double-checked the code and the assembly instructions that are causing the error, but I don't see anything obviously wrong with them.
  • I've tried running the same code on a different MPC5744P microcontroller, but I still get the same IVOR1 error.
  • I've checked the power supply and the clock signal to make sure they're stable.

However, I'm still getting the IVOR1 error, and I'm not sure what else to try. Can someone please help me with the following questions?

1. What are some common causes of IVOR1 errors in NXP microcontrollers?
  2. How can I narrow down the specific cause of my IVOR1 error?
  3. Are there any tools or techniques I can use to debug IVOR1 errors?
  4. Are there any best practices or guidelines I should follow to prevent IVOR1 errors in my application?!Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

What are some common causes of IVOR1 errors in NXP microcontrollers?

This is irrelevant, it can be any of the IVOR1 root causes.

How can I narrow down the specific cause of my IVOR1 error?

petervlna_0-1678876263726.png

Are there any tools or techniques I can use to debug IVOR1 errors?

No, simply use the MCSR to see the root cause.

Are there any best practices or guidelines I should follow to prevent IVOR1 errors in my application?!Thank you for your help

I would recommend to avoid the situations described in MCSR register:

petervlna_1-1678876694608.png

best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos