cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS based Demos for K32W REED+BLE

sd05
Contributor III

Hello NXP Community,

I am newbie to the Thread Protocol, as a beginner I started with thread understanding and for hands-on I tried downloading the MCUxpresso SDK for FRDM-KW41Z. I was able to build the examples and flash them on the development board.

Now I have to use the K32W in our project so I am exploring the K32W related resources.

As a first step I have downloaded the mcuxpresso sdk for the K32W and imported the examples for the same what I can see  is-

sd05_1-1636522960470.png

Seems like only demos are available for bare metal.

So the question is-

1. Is there any FreeRTOS based demo available for K32W preferably REED+BLE with thread not openthread?

2. Is there any FreeRTOS based demo available for K32W preferably REED+BLE with openthread ?

Next please share the resources which will help in getting understanding.

Thanks!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

sd05
Contributor III

Hi @Ricardo_Zamora,

Thanks for your response.

One more query I have please guide,

https://github.com/openthread/ot-nxp

the above repo includes a RTOS based file and as well as the macro USE_RTOS so can I use -DUSE_RTOS=1 to enable the RTOS support?

or what is the way if I want to implement the FreeRTOS based REED+BLE do I need to implement it from scratch?

sd05_0-1636699808620.png

I haven't yet fully explored the source if you can guide it will help.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As you can see in ot-nxp github or in the SDK, there is no implementation using FreeRTOS. The only supported examples are the ones I mentioned in my previous reply.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. There are not FreeRTOS Thread SDK examples, the available SDK examples are these:

Ricardo_Zamora_2-1636649510685.png

Ricardo_Zamora_3-1636649525750.png

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos