Few querries regarding Zigbee using MC13224

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few querries regarding Zigbee using MC13224

saurabh
Contributor I

Could any one please help me with a few querries regarding Zigbee using MC13224.

It seems that the Freescale support is still finding answers to my querries and have not replied for a week after raising a service request.

We are developing a product based on freescale's MC13224. 

1. RFD not rejoining the n/w - We have developed an application over Zigbee stack that transmits 6 bytes every 7 second. If we are in the network of the co-ordinator we receive data correctly. If we leave the network and come back in the network we do not see any data coming to co-ordinator. Looks like the RFD is not rejoining the network. Is there anything I need to modify in the code to make the rejoin operational. I suppose this should be a working feature for the code that is generated using Beekit

2. Cannot achieve a data transfer rate of 8KHz  - We have a requirement where we want to send a recorded audio message over Zigbee (data rate of 8KHz), but right now we are not even able to achieve the data transfer of packets faster than once per 150/200 ms. Is there any other way to do this and improve throughput of overall data transfer?

3. Firmware upgrade over the air for Zigbee - This product is going to have some upgrades for end device in future, can we update the firmware of end node in wireless network using Zigbee? If so, is there any special provision to do such firmware upgrade, as we need faster transfers to finish this reprogramming.

Thanks in advance.

Saurabh.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

sverige
Contributor I

Hello,

we are experiencing similar problems. Can you or a member of freescale development answer the questions by now?

We found that RFDs sometimes are not able to rejoin after leaving the network. (the blinking pattern suggests that they are scanning the channels for ever - a reset helps usually)

Firmware upgrade over the air would be an enormous advantage since we are deploying about 200 nodes as soon as the connectivity issues are solved.

with kind regards,

sverige

0 Kudos

ENDEM
Contributor I

Dear Sverige,

How did you managed to connect more than 14 nodes? I have a problem when I try to connect more. The ZEDs start to stop communicating. Have you got a simple example working?

Best Regards,

Galder

0 Kudos

AmitPatil
Contributor II

I am facing the same problems and asked about it to the support too.  But they gave me some really ridiculous answers.  Like using SMAC or removing security and other features from Zigbee to get better speeds.  Which are not feasible to us. 

For problem of reconnection, don't use the methods given for reconnection. :smileyhappy:

Try using : ZDO_StopEx(gZdoStopMode_StopAndRestart_c);

this one worked for me with more probability.

Message Edited by Amit Patil on 2009-10-06 12:05 PM
0 Kudos