Error rereading card when timeout has expired PN7462

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error rereading card when timeout has expired PN7462

tuannguyen-aiot
Contributor III

for example PN7462AU_ex_phExNFCCCid, in file phExNFCCCid_Poll.c, at function phExNFCCCid_Handle_USB_Process.

When the program runs to function phpalI14443p4_Exchange, My card has been in error many times. When that tag is removed from the handle function.

However, the card was reactivated shortly after and the Timeout error occurred again.

It's an infinite error loop.

How to remove card reactivation when encountering Timeout Error Occurred ?

/** Timeout Error Occurred. */
/** Send Card Removal Event and Mark the Transaction as Failure. */

Screenshot 2024-07-05 092533.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies

tuannguyen-aiot
Contributor III

@Fabian_R Our company is using PN7462 for the project, the current number of products is about 5000, and certainly up to 50,000 products.
I want to optimize the program for PN7462.
Currently, there are a small number of cards experiencing card reactivation after the timeout period has passed. I want to stop avtive card after timeout until the card is removed from the tray

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir.

Thank you very much for this information.

The reason I'm asking if you are able to reproduce this in the evaluation kit is because I would like to discard a possible issue with the antenna or in case it doesn't the issue should have to be managed in the application.

I appreciate your output on this.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

tuannguyen-aiot
Contributor III

Unnecessary.
Because we tested with many different types of NFC readers.
And that's because the card is locked, making the data inside the card unreadable, leading to an infinite card activation loop.
This case can only be handled by software.
With some other NFC readers, after detecting a data key tag, the NFC reader waits until the tag is removed from the tray

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

My apologies for the delay answering.

So if I'm understanding correctly, would you lean towards the possibility of the issue being in the card, not in the PN7462 example management?

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

My apologies for not answering back earlier.

Is it possible to please provide a little more information about your setup? Are you using our PN7462 Development board? Our examples are intended to be executed by following the quick start guide: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10883.pdf

Additionally, please clarify if you are successfully reading your ISO 14443 card while running Discovery loop example.

Please send the full console log for bot examples in execution.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

tuannguyen-aiot
Contributor III

Hello

0 Kudos

tuannguyen-aiot
Contributor III

Hello , Is any body here

0 Kudos