显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Display port over Type-C

1,065 次查看
shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hello Team,

My customer wants to implement into his project the possibility of connecting a Display Port through the USB Type-C connector that exists in the system (based on IMX8MPLUS)
This means that there will be an option to connect a USB device or a Display port device to the same Type-C port (not at the same time, of course).
According to what I know, it is a High-speed mux/switch and a PD Controller that supports DP ALT MODE, which will control the switch and know how to switch the lines to the ports of the USB\DP respectively. Attached is a block diagram I took from TI.
I would like to get a solution from NXP for this option, in a quick check I found the Switch and I'm missing the Controller.
Could you advise if this is indeed suitable? Also, can you offer a compatible controller? Or do you have other solutions to suggest?
I would greatly appreciate your support, and if you have any reference designs that you can provide, it would be most helpful.

Waiting for your kind feedback, Thanks a lot.
KR,
Shai
0 项奖励
3 回复数

918 次查看
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @shai_b

Thank you for contacting NXP Support.

The PTN36502 might be a great option for your application.

I could find a Design Guideline for this chip, here you will find some specifications related to the hardware design for this device.

Unfortunately, there is not any reference design with the iMX but here is a link to OM13790 Host and Dock: USB Type-C Shield Board Gen 2 with Display Port Alt Mode, this is a reference design that could help you to implement on the iMX.

Link: OM13790: USB Type-C Shield Board Gen 2 | NXP Semiconductors

I hope this information will be helpful.

Have a great day!

899 次查看
shai_b
Senior Contributor II
Thanks
0 项奖励

1,019 次查看
shai_b
Senior Contributor II

There is any update?

KR,

Shai