Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing a Desktop GUI Application for PN7642 NFC Reader

Jump to solution
Nobby
Contributor II

Hello,

I’m new to implementing a Graphical User Interface (GUI) with an embedded system.

My project involves working with the PENV7642A NFC reader board, and I aim to create a desktop GUI application.

While researching, I noticed that most of the available documentation focuses on applications for embedded devices.

Unlike typical embedded systems, my application won’t utilize an embedded screen; it will be purely a desktop application.

I also came across information about building an SDK.

In this SDK building, it’s possible to integrate with the SDK some Graphics Ecosystem Libraries from NXP partners.

Unfortunately, when I searched for information related to the PENV7642A hardware,

I found no results in the MCUXpresso SDK Builder’s “Select Development Board” section.

Nobby_0-1709303039342.png

If you have any insights or recommendations regarding developing a GUI application for the PENV7642A NFC reader board,

I’d greatly appreciate your guidance.

Best regards,

Nobby

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.
Thank you for your interest in our products
Unfortunately, almost all the software we provide is intended to be used by our embedded devices. I would like to clarify that PN7642 is a development and, even though we provide a set of examples for starting developing your solution it will require an effort from your side to adapt both the Software and the development of the actual hardware for your solution. For this reason, if you are focused on a GUI application I would recommend using a solution that can interface through PC/SC drivers.
We do have a library based on .NET that will be very helpful if your design is based on Windows. Unfortunately, the SDK provided contains different examples that will show the PN7642 capabilities. But, we don't provide any additional support for GUIs.
If you could please provide a little more information, I could provide a better recommendation.

Best Regards,
Fabian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.
Thank you for your interest in our products
Unfortunately, almost all the software we provide is intended to be used by our embedded devices. I would like to clarify that PN7642 is a development and, even though we provide a set of examples for starting developing your solution it will require an effort from your side to adapt both the Software and the development of the actual hardware for your solution. For this reason, if you are focused on a GUI application I would recommend using a solution that can interface through PC/SC drivers.
We do have a library based on .NET that will be very helpful if your design is based on Windows. Unfortunately, the SDK provided contains different examples that will show the PN7642 capabilities. But, we don't provide any additional support for GUIs.
If you could please provide a little more information, I could provide a better recommendation.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos
Nobby
Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your response.
The project I'm building consists of
Using the NFC reader PN7642 to read and write the NFC memory TAG of the NSH3152

The software version I use
*Windows 10
*The latest MCUXpresso (v11.9.0)
*SDK 02-12-05

Hardware:
*PNEV7642
*NHS3152
*LPC-Link2 (LCP4370)
*LPC55S16-EVK

I manage to run the project from the SDK example :
pnev7642fama_NfcrdlibEx4_MIFAREClassic_Bm_Pub

Using the console of the MCUXpresso,
I could interact with the PN7642 reader, and read and write the memory of the NSH3152.

Now I want to move to the next step,
Which is using a GUI application, or a Web aplication to do the same operation I did with the console

I would be happy to have a set of example of the .Net

Best Regards
Nobby

0 Kudos