Data lines of SPI in MC13224 are not showing any data on them!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data lines of SPI in MC13224 are not showing any data on them!

Jump to solution
AmitPatil
Contributor II

Hi,

I was trying to implement SPI on NCB of MC13224.  When I flashed the code and observed the lines on CRO, I found that it is giving proper clock and chip select on lines but the data I was sending over MOSI and expecting it over MISO was not there [the line was not showing any reading et all].  At start I found these lines were shared with LCD so I disabled LCD, still MOSI and MISO are not working.  Is there anything I missed while coding?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AmitPatil
Contributor II
I found that you need to shift the data to send by (32-n) bits if your data is of n bits.  another thing.  the voltage pin Vcc available on IO connector may have unstable voltage and might need some correction.  I did this and it works fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmitPatil
Contributor II
I found that you need to shift the data to send by (32-n) bits if your data is of n bits.  another thing.  the voltage pin Vcc available on IO connector may have unstable voltage and might need some correction.  I did this and it works fine now.
0 Kudos
AmitPatil
Contributor II
I came to know that even if I set data length and clock lenght to some value other than 32, it does not work.  It generates those many clocks but don't sent any data over the line.  When I set the data and clock lenght to 32 it works perfectly.   Is is some issue with feature or I am still missing something?
0 Kudos