cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior TAP fails to erase and flash the target device

Stevie_G
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help with a CW TAP issue I have encountered. 

We have 2 CodeWarrior Ethernet TAPs. One works fine with no issues. The other did work fine but has recently stopped working.

The problematic TAP seems OK in terms of network connection and USB connection. However, if I try to erase or program it will do the following:

1. Connect via network OK (IP address printed)
  2. Status: target initialization…
    1. At this point it will either hang on initializing and just get sit there indefinitely (Status will report: Initializing……………………………………………………..)
    2. Or it will complete this step quickly and hang on erasing (Status will report: erasing……………………………………………………..)
    3. Sometimes it will pass and report “Erase command succeeded” but if I run a Blank Check it will instantly return an error “Blank Check failed”

Here is a copy from the logs after I tried programming…

======================================================================

=== Execute: Blank Check

=== Timestamp:  Wed Nov  8 14:59:27 2023

=== Flash Device: LH28F016SC

=== Flash Organization:   2048Kx8x4

=== Flash Mem Start Addr: 0xFF800000

=== Flash Mem End Addr:   0xFFFFFFFF

======================================================================

Informing other connection clients that the target is being 'clobbered'.

Loading Flash Utility Driver at: 0x00000000

Performing Blank Check from 0xFFA80000 to 0xFFABFFFF ...  Failed

The Blank Check algorithm was interrupted during execution.

Please check if the flash base address is correct or if there are any flash devices mapped inside the selected memory space.

If a custom target initialization file was used then check the following parameters: flash base address, flash bank size and flash bank port size.

Other information about the TAP configuration (note these settings work perfectly on the other TAP)

Interface Clock Frequency 16 MHz

Mem Read and Write Delay 0

I have tried different computers and different target devices with the same outcome. The issue follows the TAP. When I watch the TAP's LED's I note that the TX/RX LED will flash green followed by an orange flash. This happens when the software just sits there reporting "initializing". 

Any help on this issue will be most appreciated. 

Cheers,
Steve 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Stevie_G
Contributor II

Hi Joseph,

We test with using the same TIPs. Both work on the working TAP and both fail on the problematic TAP. 

With regards to the connection test, please can you explain how to do this? I did not see such an option in CodeWarrior. 

Cheers,
Steve

0 Kudos

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Click this action on QCVS view.

josephlinares_0-1699978544453.png

Also, please provide the processor you are working with.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Stevie_G
Contributor II

Hi, I am not familiar with this QCVS View software. Can you send me a download link?

Regarding Processor type it's a MPC5200. 

Cheers,

Steve  

0 Kudos

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Excuse me, I thought you were working on ARMv8 CW, it probably doesn't have that action. Double check that your

$ netparam

And

$ tgtty

Parameters are the same on both TAPs. Also, review the chapter 12 of the attached document, after being sure that they have the same settings and there are not network issues nor power issues. We can proceed through warranty, seems likely to be a singularity that can be handled filling this form.

Regards,

0 Kudos

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products,

Do you happen to switch TAPs between TIPs? Looking to avoid TIP continuity and 10-pin misplacements.

Also, what are the outputs to diagnose connection test?

Regards

0 Kudos