Chip Configuration missing for imx8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chip Configuration missing for imx8

glynj
Contributor I

This question is regarding the i.MX 8DualXPlus/8QuadXPlus Applications Processor Reference Manual (rev D.)where it describes the ADC registers (Chapter 16).

ADC Command Low Buffer Register (CMDL1 - CMDL15) registers have a field called ADCH.

The description states that there are 32 A and B channel inputs to the ADC that can be used as the input to the ADC for this command.

It also states:

NOTE: Not all pairs are intended to be converted as differential channels. For the pin pairings available
for differential conversions for your device, see the Chip Configuration details.
NOTE: Some of the input channels are from internal resources such as temperature sensors and
bandgap voltage sources and may only be connected to individual instances of the ADC module.
Some of the input channel options in the bitfield-setting descriptions might not be available for
your device. For the ADC channel assignments for your device, see the Chip Configuration
details.

The detail in the Pin descriptions says there are potentially six input pins available to the ADC, depending on the pin muxing.

I want to know:

1. How do the six input pins map to the ADCH channels as descroibed for this register.

2. Where is the description of the potential internal inputs for this device (e.g. temp sensors), and how do they map to these inputs?

I am unable to find the "Chip Configuration" the documentation refers to that defines this information.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jones,
The i.MX8DX/QX is still on preproduction, so, no additional information could be provided yet. In case of having doubts, please refer with your Sales/FAE.

Just as additional recommendation, you could take a look to the following document, which explains the functionality of the ADC module included on Kinetis microcontrollers, which is a little bit similar to the included on i.MX8X:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/Analog-to-digital-Converter-Training.pdf 

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos