Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLDC Control eTPU set3 question

Jump to solution
olivierkieffer
Contributor II

Hello,

Maybe someone can explain me the following about the HD/PWM functions :

In the MCU, I want to use the complementary pair phase type, so where 2 eTPU channels drive 1 Base Channel and 1 Complementary Channel, (lets assume eTPU(8) and eTPU(9) for PhaseA.

Then I need to connect a power-stage module where the pins are refered as:

PA_HS, PA_LS

PB_HS, PB_LS

PC_HS, PB_LS

and correspond to the gate drives of the 6 half-bridges.

The question is, how do the signals from the MCU connect to the power module?

BaseChannelA to PA_HS, is it correct? Then where do I connect the complementary channel? It must be PB_LS or PC_LS, correct? Which one?

Can someone help me please?

Thanks you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
walt
Contributor II

You have several choices to access multiple related channels.

1) The eTPU functions can change channels by writing a new channel number into the CHAN register and the following references will be made to that channel.

2) You can have common eTPU Function frames for several channels. Timing for each channel pin will be independent but the overall control can be referenced  in a single piece of driver code.

3) Our compiler supports multiple channels with some variables in the eTPU function frame common to a group of channels and some channel specific.

Any of the solutions will work well

Regards,

Walter Banks

Byte Craft Limited.

eTPU_C Code Development System for Freescale eTPU | Byte Craft Limited

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
walt
Contributor II

You have several choices to access multiple related channels.

1) The eTPU functions can change channels by writing a new channel number into the CHAN register and the following references will be made to that channel.

2) You can have common eTPU Function frames for several channels. Timing for each channel pin will be independent but the overall control can be referenced  in a single piece of driver code.

3) Our compiler supports multiple channels with some variables in the eTPU function frame common to a group of channels and some channel specific.

Any of the solutions will work well

Regards,

Walter Banks

Byte Craft Limited.

eTPU_C Code Development System for Freescale eTPU | Byte Craft Limited

0 Kudos