取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

program the HC12 B Family of MCU?

3,366 次查看
imajeff_original
Contributor II

My employer from 2008 hired me back a little too late after being forced to admit they could not handle this.

One board still needs MC68HC912B32 (Not even S12!), and they've been losing the ability to program the MCU except an old PC with CodeWarrior 5.9.0 [I thought 5.1 until I fired it up to see] and a "Freescale USBDM"... they have to load CW but don't have a project/source code so they open a new project, open Debugger, it programs the bogus project, then load S19 from our firmware for the robot. There has got to be some other way for USBDM to program just our S19 to the target device.

I tried that http://usbdm.sourceforge.net/ but they also have NO HC12 but only HCS12 so what's the deal everyone forcing us to not have HC12?

How can I simply program our S19 without the whole CodeWarrior mess which I don't even know how to move the license to the other PC? I even tried installing 5.2, only CW you offer now, on the other PC but it only supports HCS12 ?

0 项奖励
回复
5 回复数

3,355 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi,

USBDM was originally an extension of TBDML which only supported HC device in codewarrior. AFAIK there was no stand-alone utility for that tool.

USBDM has never supported HC12 directly mainly because I never saw the need.  HC12 was already old when it was developed.

Sorry!

I have a vague idea that there was some way of using Codewarrior from the command line to program but I could be wrong. I don't have windows to try any more.

I believe P&E have tools for their multilink product but I have never used them.

3,344 次查看
imajeff_original
Contributor II

Actually from what you said, and the fact I still can program/debug the HC912B32 from CodeWarrior, obviously USBDM hardware does support it. So All I need is to take out the extra things your software looks for to identify only new S12 items.

My biggest problem is not to program from command line but to program without any need for the old CodeWarrior installation since I couldn't even install the same thing at all when that computer fails.

0 项奖励
回复

3,337 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

When used with Codewarrior classic, USBDM just provides a very low-level BDM interface.  All the device specific programming smarts is provided by Codewarrior.

The stand-alone USBDM tools have to provide the programming algorithm themselves.  This is not trivial.

To have the USBDM tools recognise a device it is only necessary to add a device entry to /usr/share/usbdm/DeviceData/hcs12_devices.xml.  To allow programming is more complicated.  It is necessary to provide a TCL script to do some operations and HC12 target code to do the actual programming of flash.  The HC12 B device appears to differ significantly from the supported HCS12 devices so these would need to be written from scratch.

bye

0 项奖励
回复

3,328 次查看
imajeff_original
Contributor II

OK thank you, I understand. If you notice, im a jeff who was programming robots with Motorola 68xx series since year 2000 with 68HC05, 12, S12... Even before that I started implementing algorithms on-chip to program EEPROM or OTP/FLASH when I developed tests for HGM surgical lasers. Just saying I didn't remember a significant difference in programming FLASH on HC12 or HCS12, once you know one then the other is easy, so I thought it was trivial.

Realistically I should just get D-Bug12 v2.1 set up again as that's the stuff they got rid of first not understanding the value nonexistent in future products. Wonder if one can easily download that stuff.

0 项奖励
回复

3,350 次查看
imajeff_original
Contributor II

Thank you that tells me a lot, and it peaks my interest about how I was using TBDML back in 2007 or 08. I thought it could work from DOS without codewarrior or on my Linux machine. I guess I need to look up other utilities that were for motorola/freescale BDM and I was wrong that this originated from D-Bug12 which as I said from my other username "imajeff", supported BDM.

0 项奖励
回复