cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM for the JB16J, is it possible?

markslFS
Contributor I
Dear pgo and everyone else,

I have discovered that I have the SOIC20 JB16JD instead of the SOIC28 JB16D.

Is it possible to implement pgo's USBDM on the 20 pin version?

Looking at the USBDM_JB16.h header, it looks like it might be possible, if I use only 1 LED and merge the RST_DRV pins from 2 to 1. The same goes for BDM_DRV and BDM_IN.

Can anyone tell me any reason why this will not be possible?

pgo, have you already implemented a source version that will fit on the 20 pin chip?

Is this a lost cause, and would I be better off trying to use the JM32's that I have? Or is it a catch-22, that I need a BDM programmer in order to program the USBDM into the JM32?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V
Dear marksl,

This couldn't be done without loosing some features. It would be basically similar to  TBDML version provided but with the LED moved to PTD0/1 and a current limit resistor added.  This would have similar, limited, features to this version (see TBDML_JB16.h file for details) .

The 28p version is readily available from digi-key or mouser so would be a better option I think.

bye

0 Kudos

markslFS
Contributor I
Dear pgo,

I've had a look at configure.h and created a new target for the JB16J, with a new header file. There are clearly not enough pins, so I've had to drop VSense functionality.
The real questions are:
1) Are the two pins per RST_DRV and BDM_DRV absolutely necessary?
2) I've kept two pins for BDM_IN (one linked to timer channel).

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos

Sanahuja
Contributor I

Hi marksl,

I'm working on the same thing; did you find a solution?

For the moment I have ICP working with a JB16JDWE.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

markslFS
Contributor I

Hi Sanahja,

No - I stopped working on the JB16J - I only built a simple TBDML interface for it.

My order of JB16Ds arrived, and I've been working on a full implementation of the USBDM since then.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

0 Kudos