Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I meet a question when i use cw10.5 to debug pa60 through USBDM

wangbaode
Contributor IV

Hi pgo,

I meet a question when i use cw10.5 to debug pa60 through USBDM

11036_11036.pngpastedImage_0.png

program can be download,but the chip can't be debug.

can you try it?

bye

Original Attachment has been moved to: pa60.rar

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

wangbaode
Contributor IV

hi pgo,

is this a bug?how to resolve the question?

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Wang,

I have re-tested Codewarrior+PT60 and I can't find any problems with a basic program.

I suggest you try the following:

• Create a new basic project in Codewarrior and build it to produce a .s19 file
  • Try debugging in Codewarrior
  • If the above doesn't work use the stand-alone programmer to program the .s19 file to the target.
    • Manually select the device
    • Select Mass-erase
    • Program device
  • If this doesn't work I would suspect there is something wrong with either the programmer or the target board
    • Check the connections to the target - sometimes the cables can become unreliable.
    • Re-try debugging in Codewarrior,  If this still doesn't work you can try changing some of the USBDM options.
      • Select mass-erase
    • If this works with a basic project but not your actual project then obviously I would be checking the project to make sure that it handles the watch-dog correctly as this can often interfere with debugging.

What exactly is the hardware you are using - do you have a picture or web reference?

bye

0 Kudos

wangbaode
    Contributor IV

Hi pgo,

My hardware is USBDM_SWD_SER_JS16CWJ_V2.0.

USBDM software is V4.10.6.130

0 Kudos

pgo
    Senior Contributor V

Hi Wang,

Can you provide a zip file of your project exported from Codewarrior and I will see if I can find a reason for the problem.

Note: The nearest chip I have is a PT60 so I can only test on that but I believe the devices are very similar.

bye

0 Kudos

wangbaode
    Contributor IV

hi pgo,

my schematic is also in attachement.

0 Kudos

pgo
    Senior Contributor V

Hi Wang,

According to the schematic you provided you haven't connected all the power supply and ground connections.  These are necessary for reliable (or at all) operation.  This is especially true during programming when there are current spikes.

For reference I have attached the test circuit I use.

If you refer to the data sheet (2.2.1 Power (VDD, VSS)) it also recommends additional power supply bypass which I have not included in the test circuit.

bye

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

wangbaode
    Contributor IV

Hi pgo,

according to your response,I try it again.But I'm failed again. USBDM programmer can program application into PA60.

but it can't be debugged through USBDM. is there other reasons ,for example,my project or codewarrior?

0 Kudos

wangbaode
    Contributor IV

hi pgo,

my project is in attachment. I try it again,and it still failed to debug.

0 Kudos

wangbaode
    Contributor IV

Dear pgo,

PA60 can be debugged through USB Multilink,but still can't be debug through USBDM.

0 Kudos

wangbaode
    Contributor IV

Dear pgo,

It work well to use the stand-alone programmer to program the s19 file to the target.just can't be debug.

0 Kudos