cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARM_Programmer specify programmer

Jump to solution
matthewharper
Contributor III

I was looking at the command line options for the ARM_Programmer.exe utility and noticed there is no option to specify the programmer.  You can specify a programmer in GUI via the drop down.

It's potentially important because I have 'gang of four' situation, programming 4 boards at a time.

Also was looking into building the code via msys.  I'm assuming everything is built under msys? x Except the documentation?  Related to that I noticed on the web page you say

Run the command CollectExternalFiles.  This appears commented out. Should I use Collect Shared files instead?

Thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Matthew,

I have just added the option to select a programmer.  It will be available in the next version.

CollectExternalFiles  Collects external files from the different application locations e.g. wxWidgets DLLs etc to a staging location. This is to allow me to check what has changed.  The only reason it is disabled is so I don't accidentally do it.  I only run it when I change some contributing software version and then check the result.

CollectSharedFiles Copies from the staging location into where they are used by a build.

The above is just me being careful to not accidentally change something.

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Matthew,

I have just added the option to select a programmer.  It will be available in the next version.

CollectExternalFiles  Collects external files from the different application locations e.g. wxWidgets DLLs etc to a staging location. This is to allow me to check what has changed.  The only reason it is disabled is so I don't accidentally do it.  I only run it when I change some contributing software version and then check the result.

CollectSharedFiles Copies from the staging location into where they are used by a build.

The above is just me being careful to not accidentally change something.

bye

0 Kudos
matthewharper
Contributor III

Another little thing CleanAll was failing because

USBDM_API_Example\Target.mk includes USBDM_API_Example\Common.mk instead of ../Common.mk.

I has to adjust the paths in USBDM_API_Example\Common.mk to point to mingw32-make.exe

0 Kudos
matthewharper
Contributor III

Also another crap out on compiling.

-- Linking Target UsbdmScript/UsbdmScript.exe

c:/MinGW/bin/gcc -o UsbdmScript/UsbdmScript.exe  -s -mthreads  UsbdmScript/DSC_U

tilities.o UsbdmScript/Names.o UsbdmScript/usbdmTcl.o UsbdmScript/FindWindow.o U

sbdmScript/Version.o  -L../Shared_V4/lib -L../PackageFiles/bin/win32  -lusbdm.4

-lusbdm-dsc.4  -ltcl85 -lwxmsw30u_core_gcc_custom -lwxbase30u_gcc_custom -lwxm

sw30u_adv_gcc_custom         -lusbdm-wxPlugin

UsbdmScript/usbdmTcl.o:usbdmTcl.c:(.text.startup+0x2f): undefined reference to `

_imp__Tcl_MainEx'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Target.mk:91: recipe for target 'UsbdmScript/UsbdmScript.exe' failed

mingw32-make[2]: *** [UsbdmScript/UsbdmScript.exe] Error 1

mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory 'c:/projects/USBDMProgect/build/usbdm-eclipse

-makefiles-build-master/Usbdm_TCL'

Makefile:15: recipe for target 'UsbdmScript' failed

mingw32-make[1]: *** [UsbdmScript] Error 2

mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'c:/projects/USBDMProgect/build/usbdm-eclipse

-makefiles-build-master/Usbdm_TCL'

make: *** [build-Usbdm_TCL] Error 2

One thing I note is, you link I think against tcl85.dll but the latest 'free' download for tcl is tcl86.  Wondering if that is the problem?

0 Kudos
matthewharper
Contributor III

>UsbdmScript/usbdmTcl.o:usbdmTcl.c:(.text.startup+0x2f): undefined reference to `

_imp__Tcl_MainEx'

Fixed this by uninstalling the 64 bit version of tcl86. Installing the 32 bit version and updating Common.mk to link to tcl86.dll instead of tcl85.dll

0 Kudos
matthewharper
Contributor III

> I have just added the option to select a programmer.  It will be available in the next version.

That will make me very happy!!!!!

So I was digging trying to get this to compile. I ran into a problem failed on not being able to find SHCreateDirectoryEx()

I traced that down I thin to this like in Log.cpp

#ifdef WIN32

#define _WIN32_IE 0x0500      //!< Required for later system calls.

//#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500   //!< Required for later system calls.

#include <shlobj.h>

_WIN32_WINNT 0x0500 being commented out means that SHCreateDirectoryEx() isn't defined in shlobj.h

0 Kudos