cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 MBDT CAN Rx from bus with multiplexed signals

chrisc1
Contributor III

Good day everyone.

I have watched the NXP webinar Introducing The CAN Communication Blocks and a similar topic question S32K144-MBD-CAN-configuration  but I am not sure if the issue I experience is due to incorrect block settings or the fact that the CAN stream the board is connected to has Multiplexed messages.

I would like to first of all be able to decode signals from non-multiplexed messages, then later the ones from multiplexed messages.

The issue is that when I decode say Msg 0x5, only some of the signals are correctly and consistently decoded; frequently they jitter to 0 or 255. Also some signals from the message don't decode. I don't have this issue when I connect to a stream with no Multiplexing when everything works fine (I did a back to back to be sure via FreeMaster). I tried the model at 1ms and 5ms and then left it at the fastest rate. The stream has its fastest (multiplexed) signals at 10ms while the rest of the data is no so fast (20 to 100 ms). The bus runs at 1 Mb/s and the load is ~ 18%.

At the moment I don't have a possibility to change any of the source CAN stream (multiplexing etc) so this gives me very limited ability to tweak the setup. I started with a basic test to see if at least I could receive one message consistently. However the decode - as described above - is not stable enough for me to use the data.

If anybody has more experience with this I would appreciate knowing how you managed to solve it. Please excuse my lack of experience with this: in the past I have normally used blocks from NewEagle or Pi-Innovo to handle the CAN Tx/Rx and I rarely used multiplexing, but now Mux'd CAN data will be more useful to me for Battery Management reasons (Cell Voltages and Temperatures).

I've attached the model (just rename it from .zip to .slx) and a recording of the CAN (rename from .txt to .trc and it can perhaps replay through Peak products). I cannot attach here the dbc. I can send it to an NXP email address however.

Thank you in advance and please let me know if I need to provide any clarifications to my issue. It is stopping me from progressing some proof of concept so all help is very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies