cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C Block Register Address?

Jump to solution
sparkee
Contributor V

I'm trying to get I2C working on the S32K144 using Simulink Toolbox but there's no input for a register address.  Can I edit the block to accept a register address in addition to the slave address?  Simulink provides a block that has this capability, could I use that instead?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello sparkee‌,

Unfortunately you can't customize the block yourself, as the scripts that control the data (the data flow Simulink -> Simulink coder <tlc files>) are p-files and not m-files that are editable by you.

I understand your use-case and we'll take it under review for our next update on S32K toolbox that will most probably be live in Q3. I will try to push it as an update to this version (which would be quicker than Q3), but I cannot make any promises.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello sparkee‌,

Unfortunately you can't customize the block yourself, as the scripts that control the data (the data flow Simulink -> Simulink coder <tlc files>) are p-files and not m-files that are editable by you.

I understand your use-case and we'll take it under review for our next update on S32K toolbox that will most probably be live in Q3. I will try to push it as an update to this version (which would be quicker than Q3), but I cannot make any promises.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

sparkee
Contributor V

Thank you constantinrazvan.chivu for your quick reply and prompt action.  We will try to roll our own for now and hope that the update comes before we hit production.

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello sparkee‌,

Can you let us know what is your timeframe? Maybe we can take that into account.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos
sparkee
Contributor V

We plan to be ready for production when we announce at our September conference.

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello sparkee‌,

Thank you for this information. I will let you know soon if we can push it as an update earlier or if will be released with our new version in Q3.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos