How to Receive a large number of CAN messages on bus?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Receive a large number of CAN messages on bus?

Poley
Contributor V

Hi all,

I am looking to test to CAN interface on the S32K14EVB-176LQFP.

I have managed to get it to receive and send messages normally. However I am looking at trying to get it to receive multiple messages from over 50 ID's. How would this be possible through the blockset?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Poley
Contributor V

Got an update, I found a block hidden away that had mask ID set to all F's still. removing that seems to make this work! Still unsure on the timestamp format.

Also would still like advice on if this is the best method for reading 100 messages within 100ms please. Will I miss messages just using the single rx_isr block? I currently have the rx_isr connected to CAN unpack blocks to separate the data from the messages coming in. This works for now but I am only testing on 10 messages over 2 buffers currently.

Appreciate any help, thank you!

0 Kudos

Poley
Contributor V

My initial thoughts after looking through all of the CAN questions on this forum is that I can use each message buffer along with ID mask to accept multiple message ID's in each buffer. Is this correct?

This works for 1 buffer set up here:

Poley_0-1614856416937.png

This allows me to receive messages 0x311-0x316 that I have been sent from CANalyzer

However, when I try and do this with another buffer alongside this, it stops all messages except 311 in the previous buffer and lets the new buffer work instead for messages 0x521 - 0x525, I have the two set like this:

Poley_1-1614856563424.png

Am I doing something wrong with how this is set up?

Also, what is the timestamp format for what is being sent out from the Rx_Complete_Isr block?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@paulvlase , can you please comment on this?

Marius

0 Kudos