mPOS (MOBILE Point-of-Sale)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description

Many companies are creating products today that would benefit from adding payment capabilities to the design. However, getting the necessary PCI and EMVCo certifications are a significant engineering and development barrier.
This solution is pre-certified for EMVCo and PCI PTS PIN entry device (PED) standards to give companies confidence that they will have a high likelihood of passing certification the first time without the added expense of failing and resubmitting.

The solution for this is the design of a POS Reader Reference Design for applications requiring Payment Card Industry certifications, supporting QVGA display.

The solution will implement NXP product for the software and hardware application and a scalable portfolio for reader interfaces and secure controllers/processors to address a wide range of POS solutions.

Use Cases

POS

• Standard Payments (EMVCo like)
  • Loyalty / Couponing
  • Open Loop and Close Loop Payments
  • Retail

Secure Card Reader

• Home banking
  • Public Transportation (eg bus, metro)
  • Parking Payment

Prepaid Smart Meter

• Energy payment

MPOS

• Micro-merchants, tradesmen
  • Pay-on-delivery applications
  • In-store shopper-assisted retail
  • In-aisle check-out
  • Loyalty, Couponing
  • Transportation (eg taxis)
  • Stadiums, events, attractions

Block Diagram

Block-Diagram-mPOS-i.MX RT1170.pngBlock-Diagram-mPOS-K81,KL81.png

Products

Category MCU
Product URL 1 K81_150: Kinetis K81-150 MHz HW Cryptographic Co-Processor, Anti-Tamper & QuadSPI Microcontrollers (... 
Product Description 1 The Kinetis® K81 MCU extends the Kinetis MCU portfolio with advanced security capabilities including anti-tamper peripheral, boot ROM to support encrypted firmware updates, automatic decryption from external serial flash memory, AES acceleration, and hardware support for public key cryptography.
Product URL 2 KL8x: Kinetis® KL8x-72/96 MHz Secure Ultra-Low Power Microcontrollers (MCUs) based on Arm® Cortex®-M... 
Product Description 2 The Kinetis® KL8x MCU expands on the Kinetis low-power MCU portfolio with rich security features including tamper detection, true random number generator and low-power trusted crypto engine supporting AES, DES, 3DES, SHA, RSA and ECC.
Product URL 3 i.MX RT1170 Crossover MCU Family - First Ghz MCU with Arm® Cortex®-M7 and Cortex-M4 Cores 
Product Description 3 The i.MX RT1170 crossover MCUs is setting speed records at 1GHz. This ground-breaking family combines superior computing power and multiple media capabilities with ease of use and real-time functionality.

Category Power Management
Product URL 1 https://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/wireless-power/15-watt-wireless-charging-receiver-ics:... 
Product Description The MWPR1516 wireless charging IC and reference platform, based on the Arm® Cortex®-M0+ core, extends our wireless charging portfolio to support up to 15 watt charging power.
Product URL 2 PCA9410_9410A: 3.0 MHz, 500 mA, DC-to-DC boost converter 
Product Description 2 The PCA9410 and PCA9410A are highly efficient 3.0 MHz, 500 mA, step-up DC-to-DC converters. They convert input voltages from 2.5 V to 5.25 V to a fixed output voltage of 5.0 V.

Category USB
Product URL 1 PTN5110: USB PD TCPC PHY IC 
Product Description 1 PTN5110 is a single-port TCPC-compliant USB Power Delivery (PD) PHY IC that implements Type-C Configuration Channel (CC) interface and USB PD Physical layer functions to a Type-C Port Manager (TCPM) that handles PD Policy management.
Product URL 2 NX5P3290UK: USB PD and type C current-limited power switch 
Product Description 2 The NX5P3290 is a precision adjustable current-limited power switch for USB PD application.

Category Secure
Product URL 1 TDA8034: Low power smart card interface 
Product Description 1 The TDA8034T/TDA8034AT is a cost-effective analog interface for asynchronous and synchronous smart cards operating at 5 V or 3 V.
Product URL 2 A1006: Secure Authenticator IC - Embedded Security Platform 
Product Description 2 The Secure Authenticator IC is manufactured in a high-density submicron technology.

Category NFC
Product URL 1 PN5180: Full NFC Forum-compliant frontend IC 
Product Description 1 The PN5180 is a high-performance full NFC Forum-compliant frontend IC for various contactless communication methods and protocols.
Product URL 2 NTAG213F, NTAG216F: NFC Forum Type 2 Tag compliant IC with 144/888 bytes user memory and field detec... 
Product Description 2 The NTAG213F and NTAG216F are NFC Forum Type 2 Tag compliant products with a field detection pin and offer a large range of User memory (144 bytes for NTAG213F and 888 bytes for NTAG216F).

Category Bluetooth
Product URL QN908x: Ultra-Low-Power Bluetooth Low Energy System on Chip Solution 
Product Description QN908x is an ultra-low-power, high-performance and highly integrated Bluetooth Low Energy solution for Bluetooth® Smart applications such as sports and fitness, human interface devices, and app-enabled smart accessories.

Category Peripherals
Product URL 1 PCAL6408A: Low-voltage translating, 8-bit I²C-bus/SMBus I/O expander 
Product Description 1

The PCAL6408A is an 8-bit general purpose I/O expander that provides remote I/O expansion for many microcontroller families via the I²C-bus interface.

Product URL 2 PCA9634: 8-bit Fm+ I²C-bus LED driver 
Product Description 2 The PCA9634 is an I²C-bus controlled 8-bit LED driver optimized for Red/Green/Blue/Amber (RGBA) color mixing applications.
Product URL 3 PCF85063A: Tiny Real-Time Clock/calendar with alarm function and I2C-bus 
Product Description 3 The PCF85063ATL is a CMOS Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power consumption. An offset register allows fine-tuning of the clock.
Labels (2)
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎10-20-2020 01:10 PM
Updated by: