use PN512 read data of felica card more than 64 ,how to do

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use PN512 read data of felica card more than 64 ,how to do

hhh123
Contributor I

hello, felica card send data length 0x9a ,but I can receive 64 byte. pN512 can receive data more than the fifo 64 byte ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

antonyprodigy
Contributor I

Hi,

Hope you have solved the issue.If not then please follow this procedure.We had print statements inside our loop which checked for error register and CommIRQ registers.Removing those debug print statements did the thing.Since there are strict timing constraints these debug prints will take a toll on time.Check for IRQ and reload PN512 then you are good to go.Sharing Information..:)

regards,

Antony Tom Mathews

0 Kudos

antonyprodigy
Contributor I

#PN512

#Felicamode

#FIFO

Hi

We use PN512 as our NFC controller in our device.Now we have a use case in which we need to write 192 byte data packet in Felica mode.Since we already tried writing in split packets less than 64 bytes because of the FIFO limitation in PN512,we tried using FIFO water level with HI and LO interrupts to send data.It happens that we end up with WrErr set to 1 in ErrorReg.Is there any workaround for this problem.Expecting your support and reply soon.

regards,

Antony Tom

0 Kudos

hhh123
Contributor I

sorry,my english is not good. 

thanks

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

For data packages whose size is bigger than 64 bytes (FIFO length), you can use the configurable FIFO water level register (WaterLevelReg) along with the Status1Reg register (HiAlert and LoAlert bits). The host has to write to or read from the FIFO register while data is being sent/received over the RF field.

To avoid implementing software from scratch you can use the NFC Reader Library for the PNEV512B evaluation board, which is available under the "Downloads" tab of the product page:

PN512 reader board|NXP 

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hhh123
Contributor I

hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer.I have solved the problem .

I have some other question hoped for your help . I control PN512 by SPI inteface and the speed has adjusted the fastest.
Although the fasteset speed,when I transfer more than 130 bytes to the FIFO over the RF fiel ,the ErrorReg Bit 7 WrErr set to 1.
Means that the limit is to send 130 bytes to FIFO once .If I want to send more than 130 bytes, how to do? Thanks!

Best Regards!

0 Kudos

antonyprodigy
Contributor I

Hi we are facing the same issue.Did you find any solution?

0 Kudos