cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crc8 Calculation for MAD2 sector AN10787

Chuck5270
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using Mifare Plus card. We want to implement MIFARE Application Diractory (MAD2) sector as per AN10787 of NXP. It's just that I do not have the same result for the CRC8 calculation as per the table 11 of the application note.

My result is 0xA2 while the example says it should be 0x89.

Notice that I've used the function from NXP library:

phStatus_t phTools_CalculateCrc8(uint8_t bOption,uint8_t bPreset,uint8_t bPolynom,uint8_t * pData,
                                 uint16_t wDataLength,uint8_t * pCrc)

Notice also that the Polynom definition is provided by NXP (''PH_TOOLS_CRC8_POLY_EPCUID   0x1DU ") but not the preset value mentionned into the application note which I pass directly as 0xE3.

Also, using an online Web CRC8 calculator I've found that my result is compliant with CRC-8/I-CODE (using 0xFD* as the preset value).

* : Note that 0xFD is the preset value of NXP Mifare PH_TOOLS_CRC8_PRESET_UID... !!!???

Anyone aware of the issue ?

Does anyone have another example of the expected result for MAD2 CRC8 calculation ?

Thanks, regards,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Charles Missud,

My apologies for the delay, I am checking this let me confirm the information in case the data in AN is wrong or what is the correct procedure.

Thanks a lot!

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I was told the second line support team already answered you I am going to post the file here for further questions.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos