What USB library for PN7462?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What USB library for PN7462?

fred27murphy
Contributor II

I'm currently trying to produce a solution using NFC and USB HID (keyboard emulation). However the documentation on USB for the PN7462 seems confusing and incomplete.

I've found nice clear examples for USB for devices like the K64F using the MCUXpresso USB stack. However, the USB examples for the PN7462 use a ROM-based stack.  Whilst trying to dig into this, I found a useful section in IM10913 titled "5.2 Porting existing LPC USB Virtual Keyboard implementation to PN7462AU" which would appear perfect. However, I'm told that "Specific HID USB class handler is implemented in USBD ROMSTACK and it is available upon request from NXP." It also refers to sample LPC11u14 code in the long since retired lpcxpresso. Searching in this community leads me to dead links under lpcware.com

Is it still possible to get data for this USBD ROM stack? Can I use the newer MCUXpresso ROM stack with the PN7462? The hardware of the PN7462 sounds perfect for my needs, but since buying the expensive dev kit I find the software seems very lacking.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

fred27murphy
Contributor II

I'm not sure exactly why a distributor would be expected to help provide software written by NXP for an NXP device. I tried contacting Farnell Element14, but wasn't surprised that this hasn't helped.

Id there anyone at NXP who could help point me in the right direction? I find it odd that a current device seems to have been abandoned from a software point of view.

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Mass market customers shall contact their distributors to obtain the requested software since it is not publically available, we appreciate your comprehension of this process.

BR,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please help me to contact your local distributor for this requirement: Distributor Network | NXP 

Have a nice day!

BR,

Ivan.

0 Kudos