cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence of commands to obtain UID in PN5180

aliciahurtado
Contributor I

Hi all,

We have develop a new prototype in which we have added PN5180 NFC Chip.

I am having difficulties in finding documentation regarding communication between host and chip PN5180 by SPI interface. I have found document PN5180 v2.2 in NXP and the library NFCReaderLibrary (v4.010.03.001609_R1.2).

My concern is that this library seems not to support our MCU.

I would be pleased if you could provide help regarding which is the specific sequence of commands (from document PN5180 v2.2) that we need to send to PN5180  in order to obtain UID for a card (ISO/IEC 14443A) like NTAG213 that we use.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alicia Hurtado:

Thank you for using the NFC community.

The PN5180 is a Full NFC chip supporting several technologies and protocols, therefore it provides many configuration options and there is not a unique or specific way to configure the registers, as it depends on the application requirements.

For the above reason right now we only have the structured NFC Reader Library with the included examples. You can try to port the library to work with your MCU, but this might not be a trivial task.

My recommended approach would be to start with the PNEV5180 evaluation board from the OM25180FDK kit which integrates the LPC1769 MCU:

OM25180 |PN5180 NFC Development Kit for POS Readers|NXP

Once you get familiar with the library then it will be easier to port the low level layers of the library (BAL and Stub) to your own MCU.

Best Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos