SRAM not mirroring with all android phones

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRAM not mirroring with all android phones

smirkel
Contributor I

I'm trying to make an app on android for a device using NT3H1201. The EEPROM memory has slowly changing data and SRAM is used to get current data from micro controller when NFC-field is present.

There seems to be different behavior from different android phones when trying to mirror the data.

The data is written to the SRAM after field detect and mirrored to EEPROM. The android app checks if SRAM_MIRROR_ON_OFF bit is on (Sector 3, page F8), and if it is, reads the mirrored data form EEPROM after a small delay.

The problem is that on older android phones (e.g. HTC One M9) the SRAM_MIRROR_ON_OFF bit almost never turns on and the data on EEPROM is wrong, but on a newer phone (e.g. Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4) it turns on every time and the data is correct.

Is this a hardware problem on the phone side, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I don't think it would be a hardware problem, it looks like a software problem related with the Android version.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

smirkel
Contributor I

Thanks Kan,

I don't think it's related to Android version, but more to the phones NFC chip, because both the HTC and the Samsung phones have Android 7.0 and it worked on a Samsung Galaxy Tab with Android 5.1.1.

Tero

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As I know, PN547 is on HTC One M9, List of NFC-enabled mobile devices - Wikipedia , it can support NTAG I2C well.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos