cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC522. Communication with an active PICC

ccanon
Contributor II

Hi to all,

I'm trying to work with the RC522 reader and an active PICC (AS3953 from AMS). So far I have been able to set both at ISO 14443A Level-4 Protocol Mode. So now I should be able to communicate in both ways. I'm able to send data from PCD-->PICC, but no the other way. PCD buffer remains empty after sending data. I'm afraid that the problem could be the prologue.

I have read that The ISO 144443A Logic recognizes the command by observing the first received byte. The next picture is a screenshot of the PICC datasheet, where I can see the meaning of the first byte of the ISO block.

pastedImage_1.png

My question is, is there any table, similar to the previous one, but with the values of the first byte of the ISO 14443-4 PICC block

Thanks a lot, 

Carlos Canón

0 Kudos
6 Replies

ccanon
Contributor II

Hi Kan, 

Yes, I did try with a Mifare classic  PICC and works well (it reads the eeprom). 

But for my project, I need to be able to transmit data from the PICC to the PCD, that's why I'm using the AMS PICC, because I can control the PICC via SPI and is compliant with ISO 14443-4, which as I understand it should let me send data from PICC -> PCD. Am I wrong?

Best regards,

Carlos 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos,

Did you try your RC522 board with other tag/card? for example, a mifare card. Did it fail as well?

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ccanon
Contributor II

Hi Kan, 

I finally can get some data transmitted from the PICC to the PCD. I wrongly set up for the receiving data. 

Now I'm using the Receive command to activates the receiver circuits. I'm having problems to send a data chain. For example:

- If I try to send 3 bytes PICC --> PCD : [0x11] [0x12] [0x13], 

- In the PCD I get [0x11] [0x00]

I think this may be due to the frame pattern, but I can't find more information about it.

pastedImage_1.png

Do you know where can I find more details about how to indicate the end of frame pattern or the length byte?

Best regards,

Carlos Canon

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carlos,

Since your RC522 board can work with a Mifare classic picc, there should be no problem with its hardware and software.Maybe you should contact AMS for further support on AS3953.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ccanon
Contributor II

Hello Kan, 

Do you know if that frame pattern that in-text I quote above is something standardized? Something described in the ISO 14443-4 probably? I couldn't find more information about it.

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carlos,

I think you can trust the data sheet though I am not familiar with the PICC you choose. The data in that table should be complied with ISO14443-4 spec, and I checked the pattern for RATS and DESELECT which should be correct.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos